Chapter 31 - Leo Miller

Start from the beginning

The other three watched them carefully before turning to do their own thing. Scott and Stiles started looking around the bungalow, noticing the multiple family pictures, awards, medals and other things. Derek however followed Adelina and Leo to what he assumed was Leo's room. He didn't think the boy was a threat, instead he thought he was undeniably innocent. But he still wanted to make sure that Adelina was okay.

As he stood at the open door, he took in the teenage boys room. Creme walls littered with family photos, gaming and movie posters. A single bed tucked into a corner with satin dark blue sheets. A large wardrobe that had a baseball Jersey hanging on the front. There was multiple pieces of sports equipment scattered throughout the room, from baseball bats, lacrosse sticks, basketballs and footballs. There was a pile of dirty, worn clothes thrown into a corner of the room and multiple pairs of shoes strewn across the floor. Opposite the bed was a large desk with three monitors on. In front of them was a keyboard and mouse which seemed to be glowing multiple colours. On the floor underneath the desk was a pc with same multicoloured LED lights that illuminated the room around it. On the shelf attached to the desk was a white console. Attached to the wall above the monitors was a wall mounted TV. It was huge, 50 inches at least and on the screen was the loading screen of some game that Derek didn't recognise.

Leo was sat next to Adelina on the end of the bed as he explained the game. His face was full of excitement and his tone was proud as he told her what each of the buttons on the controller he was holding did. She looked just as confused as Derek did but smiled at the young boys happiness.

Stiles suddenly popped his head around the corner of the door frame, his eyes widening in pure childish excitement as he noticed the game on the TV. "Dude! I freaking love that game!" He stepped into the room and made his way over to the bed as Adelina stood up, letting Stiles take her place. Leo grabbed another controller and held it out to Stiles who squealed in excitement before grabbing it and turning to the screen. Adelina and Derek chuckled before walking out of the room together, leaving the two boys to bond over video games.

As they walked to the living room, they heard the happy and competitive shouts and cheers from Leo's room.

"Sounds like they're having fun." Scott laughed as he sat down on an armchair. Adelina and Derek agreed as they too sat down on the couch next to each other.

After a few seconds, they noticed Scott eyeing their close proximity suspiciously. "Sooo..." He started, "When did the two of you happen?" His finger pointed between the two of them.

"I have no idea what you mean." Derek replied nonchalantly as Adelina refused to make eye contact with Scott.

Scott raised his brow as he grinned, "I saw you holding hands. And let's not mention how many times I've caught you staring at each other. Or the chemosignals that are really strong whenever-"

"Okay, we get it Scott." Adelina cut him off as she grew flustered.

"So how long?" He asked again.

"A while." Derek answered.

"And you like each other?" Scott leaned forward on his seat, his grin growing wider.

Derek turned his head and his eyes met hers. Blue on green. And he was instantly entranced. A smile began to tug at both of their lips as he grabbed her hand, rubbing circles with his thumb. "Yeah. Yeah we do." His breath a soft whisper. Adelina felt the heat rise to her cheeks and buried her face into Derek's shoulder, finding herself suddenly feeling shy. Earning a chuckle from both Derek and Scott.

"Who else knows?" Scott asked curiously.

"Stiles, Allison and Lydia." She muttered.

Derek furrowed his brows, "I knew about Stiles but Allison and Lydia? When did they find out?"

"The sleepover. The whole reason they set it up was to question me because they saw the hickeys you so happily covered my neck with. But how did you know about Stiles?" She questioned, confused. She was sure she hadn't told Derek about Stiles knowing.

"It's Stiles." He said in a 'duh' tone, "He's scarily observant. Tried to threaten me if i hurt you but he failed miserably." Well, he had a point.

"Wait- wait." Scott spoke up, an expression of disbelief on his face as he eyed the two of them,  "Have the two of you- ya know?"

"Oh, yeah." Derek answered quickly with a proud smile as Adelina choked on the air. This was not how she imagined Scott finding out.

Scott's eyes widened in utter shock as he stood up, "I-I did not need to know that. I shouldn't have asked." He raised his arms dramatically and walked towards Leo's room, leaving a blushing Adelina and a chuckling Derek.

When his laughter died down, Derek shuffled on the couch so that his whole body was facing Adelina. Then he took his hands in hers and inhaled a deep breath before bringing his eyes to meet hers. Adelina was confused, what was he doing?

"Would you do me the greatest honour..." His words were slow and confident, yet had a nervous edge to them, "...And be my girlfriend?"

To say that she was happy wouldn't be enough. It was like everything had finally fallen into place. Like  everything was perfect and the universe had blessed them. The smile that formed on her face reached all the way to her eyes as her heart fluttered. This was everything she wanted.

"Yes, yes!" She breathed and noticed the relieved smile that Derek shared with her as he leaned into her, kissing her lips  with every ounce of love he could muster. It was the perfect moment. Sure it was weird to ask someone to be your girlfriend whilst sitting on the couch of someone you just me, but they wouldn't have it anyway. To them everything was pure bliss. And now they finally could each other 'mine'.