"Sammy's going to make pancakes. At least, that's what he said." Michael told Freddie who nodded. I yawned, then took a sip of my coffee. "Ugh, I have exams next week. I don't wanna." Freddie whined, putting his head on the table. "You should start studying." Michael said. "Yeah, I started yesterday. Dad, I'm gonna have to stay in Blake's dorm these next 2 weeks. It'll be impossible for me to study well and see him otherwise." "Fine." Michael said reluctantly. "Don't do anything irresponsible." He added.

Freddie pulled a disgusted face and almost yelled, "ew dad! God, I'm not gonna do anything like that. Jesus..." he frowned at Michael, who chuckled. "I'm just saying..."

"Not in front of the kid!" Freddie said, and covered his face with his hands. I realised they were talking about me. "I have no idea what you're talking about, if it's any consolation." I lied. Freddie shook his head and groaned.

"Sam! You better come down here right now if you don't want me to knee you in your no-no parts!" Freddie yelled. I flinched slightly, then reprimanded myself for that moment of weakness. Sam started screaming. "Dad! Dad! Did you hear what he said! You should ground him! Jesus, Fredrick! I'm coming down." Michael rolled his eyes with a smile on his face.

It took me no more than 3 days to understand their kind of love. They had the relationship where they acted as if they hated each other out of love. The way they'd throw insults at each other with smiles on their faces. The way they'd shove each other playfully, then laugh together. The way Michael watched them interact, even while yelling and hitting each other, because they showed their love that way. Through all the violence of their relationship, they showed their affection. Their brotherly bonds were strong and Michael knew this. He knew they would never do anything to actually hurt each other. I guess I realised that's what family is; the trust that they won't actually harm each other. The trust that they love each other unconditionally.

They were so deeply connected, so trusting in each other, they would never hurt each other intentionally. I desperately wanted that. I wanted so badly to trust them, and to be trusted by them. I knew that by time, I'd be more comfortable around them. I couldn't help but feel bitter though. It was unfair, how they were raised with a loving father while I wasn't. I know it wasn't Michael's fault, but I couldn't help feeling like it was.

Sam came downstairs 2 minutes later, his tie undone and his shirt rumpled. "Come here." Michael told him. Sam walked up to him, and Michael fixed his son's clothes. Sam stood there impatiently, and I found that he resembled a toddler.

"Dad, fix his clothes later. Pancakes first." Freddie groaned. Michael neatly knotted Sam's tie, and Sam wore Mariam's — my Yoda's — apron then started with the process of making the pancake batter. "You should've woken up before." Freddie grumbled. "Shut up, you ungrateful brat." Sam said as he whisked the wet ingredients together.

"Your hair's a mess." Freddie said. "Well, your hair's... actually really good today. I love what you've done with it. I'm stealing your hair products." Sam replied. "Thank you. Yeah, I'm having a good hair day. You can buy your own, I'll give you the brand names." "Please do. Text me the list."

"Danny, stop eyeing the coffee machine." Sam chuckled as he saw me staring longingly. Flustered, I laughed lightly. "Dad, he's like a mini you. It's adorable." Sam said. "That's what I said!" Freddie exclaimed. Michael met my gaze and smiled brightly, and I returned the smile.

Someone's phone dinged. I blushed and took it out. "May I?" I asked Michael. "Sure, breakfast hasn't started yet." "Does Danny have an admirer?" Sam teased as he poured the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. I blushed.

Will
mornin, bad boy

Me
Good morning.

Will
good luck finding me today

Me
So you're really not going to help me? Not even a hint?

Will
i'm blk and i'm like 6'1
that's 2 hints
ur welcome
btw what do u look like?

Me
I guess you'll have to wait and see

Will
damn, u must be extra fine then
my expectations r through the roof

Me
God, you're annoying. Fine. I'm 6'3. I have green eyes, curly hair. Happy?

Will
u sound hot asf

Me
Will.

Will
yes, hotty bad boy?

Me
Remind me why I talk to you again?

Will
it's because you wuv me
and i'm the funniest sexiest mf to exist
like, my personality is beautiful tbh
as beautiful as my face
u should be happy to even text a godly mf like me

Me
Shut up. You are insufferable.

Will
i was actually gonna send a selfie but if ur gonna be rude asf...

Me
No, no. I'm so sorry, sir. You are amazing and deserving of praise. Everything you said is true.

Will
hm... no selfie

Me
You little shit

Will
ik u love me <3

"Danny, do you have a girlfriend?" Freddie asked teasingly. I blushed aggressively. "N-No." "Boyfriend?" He asked. I shook my head. "Leave him alone." Sam chuckled at my reddened cheeks. "Worry about the pancakes." Freddie narrowed his eyes at Sam, who rolled his eyes. He put the pan on the stove and started pouring the pancake batter.

I got up and wanted to refill my mug with coffee. "Danny, sit back down. No more coffee for you." Michael spoke. With my head hung down, I sat back down sadly. "Aw, look how sad he is. Let him have a second cup of coffee." Sam said.

"He's had 2 cups already. If he has another one, he'll have a heart attack." Michael said, looking at me with a glint of humour in his eyes. "Dad, you yourself have like what, 4 cups of coffee a day?" Freddie said, laughing lightly.

"Well, I would have more coffee, but 4 cups is the maximum amount of caffeine that's healthy for the body. 400mg. For an adult. For a teenager, it's 100mg. Danny, here, can only have 1 cup." Michael said. At the look of horror on my face, Michael, Freddie, and Sam all laughed. I joined in.

10 minutes later, Sam put a plate of pancakes on the table. He set up the table, putting chocolate syrup and honey, along with butter, whipped cream, strawberries, and blueberries. I loved blueberries. They were my favourite food. They were the Biryani to my James.

The second Sam put a plate in front of Freddie, he stacked 4 pancakes onto his plate. He drowned them in chocolate syrup and added a few strawberries and dug in. Sam rolled his eyes at his dramatics, and placed a plate in front of me. With extreme self-control, I poured half the blueberries on the 2 pancakes I had. I drizzled a bit of honey on top, and dug in. "You like blueberries?" Michael asked, he looked weirdly pained. I blushed and nodded. "Is it that obvious?" I joked. They all laughed. Almost inaudibly, Michael whispered, "your mother liked blueberries."