Chapter 2

(A/N: Inspired by the latest leaks of the upcoming chapter of the manga next week. Mitsuya and Ran's interactions just screams of sizzling tension between two enemies and I'm digging it. Lastly, credits to @RINDWUO on twitter for this beautiful image of Ran).

The strobe lights glimmered brightly from the windows of the building's place as the several men came filtering inside the premises.

It was already 8PM.

It's a good thing that Mitsuya arrived on time for the stag party of Draken despite encountering a horrendous traffic earlier going to his place because of the swarm of vehicles and people during the rush hour.

"Right on the dot Taka." A familiar, baritone voice greeted his ears upon entering the premises of the building.

"Of course, Ken. It's your bachelor party after all before you tie the knot with Emma so I wouldn't miss it for the world." Mitsuya flashed him a grin and he clapped one of his shoulders gently.

Draken grinned back at him. "Glad that you're here then. Take a breather sometimes from your work, man. You can't marry your career forever." He replied playfully.

He snorted at his remark. "Don't get cocky on me now just because you're getting married to the love of your life. I'm still designing your suit." He joked back.

Draken was about to retort when someone called him at the entrance and excused himself. "Feel free to get yourself some alcohol over there. I'll just greet some newcomers over there." He strode over the entrance where he could see Pah-Chin and Peh-Yan greeting him boisterously.

Mitsuya nodded and went towards the alcohol section. He ordered a glass of whiskey from the bartender when another set of guests arrived inside the building which caught his peripheral vision.

The sight of the other newcomers was enough to make Mitsuya bristled and narrowed his eyes at the sight of the men who walked inside the building.

The Haitani brothers.

Ran was not wearing his usual braided hairstyle, but it was tied simply with a hair tie and his raven locks with golden highlights flowed and glistened perfectly like a silky waterfall behind him. He was wearing a cotton turtleneck long-sleeve T-shirt in russet hues and a pair of cream-colored corduroy ankle-length pants paired with brown Oxford shoes and gray socks. It was a simple get up but when Ran was the one wearing it, it always looked classy and chic on him which made him a charismatic runway model who would make people buy it just because he was wearing them.

Beside him was his younger brother Rindou who was quieter and less flashy than his brother but could command an attention with his mysterious and unapproachable aura. He wasn't wearing his usual eyeglasses but instead he was wearing some wine-colored contacts on his eyes and had his hair styled in a classic mullet with turquoise highlights blending on his purple locks. His style was more traditional yet still emitting a classic vibe of a stylish look. He was wearing a coal-colored turtleneck long-sleeve T-shirt with a beige hued convertible collar coat and a pair of black ankle-length pants. He completed the clean look by wearing a pair of plain-toe shoes and brown socks.

Overall, these brothers looked like they just stepped out of a GQ magazine and could give Hakkai a run for his money in his lucrative modelling career.

Not that he was ogling of course. He was merely observing.

Mitsuya didn't want to pay attention to them any longer and to further sour his mood. If he ignored their presence in this stag party, then maybe he could survive throughout the night without any hitch.