*****

I haven't had dinner properly. I have just directly come into my room silently. My mind is disturbed because I don't know what is going to happen now. I am trying to stay positive as much as possible but my mind is being still impatient. Pulling my knees near my chest, I sit sinking my face into my hands on my bed.

My chain of thoughts come to an and when I hear some sounds coming from somewhere. I might be knowing who it could be. As soon as I get up from the bed, Sumedh comes in my view as he simply walks from the balcony. I approach near him ,his expression is not exactly happy one. I step towards him wrapping my hands around his neck and he dips his face in the crook of my neck. Pulling away from the hug, he kisses me gently.

"I am to marry your sister." He mumbles. I huff.

"I have heard. Are you seriously going to marry her?" I ask.

"I don't know yet. But it seems as if I have no choice."

My mind goes blank at his words. What's he saying? It has not been a day he has said that he loves me.

"What are you saying? You love me. You have a choice. How can you marry someone else when you love me?" I ask a bit loudly.

"I know and trust me,I don't want to marry Ashi. But at this moment, I am helpless. My father has promised your father that this marriage will happen surely. My father can't break his promise. It's a matter of our prestige." My heart sinks into his words. I swallow feeling the anger bubbling up inside of me.

"And what about me?" I raise my voice.

"I have said that I have no choice but I haven't said that I won't try. I have to see for other ways. I can't marry someone else other than you." He says looking into my eyes and cups both of my cheeks. I don't know when my eyes have become teary in the thoughts of losing him. He brushes away the tears and leans his forhead against mine.

"Mallika, stop crying. I hate to see you cry. I will surely search for a way to come out of this problem." He tries to assure me but my cries seem to increase more. He pulls me into his chest and starts caressing my hair.

"I can't afford to lose you." I mutter in his chest.

"Me too." He says and presses a kiss on my hair.

"Plz do something."My voice cracks and I snuggle closer into his chest.

"I will. I will do something but never doubt on my love. I LOVE YOU MALLIKA AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE ONLY YOU." He says emphasizing the last sentence. His eyes are on me.I smile through tears and exhale some air in relief at his reassurance. We part away and he places his lips on my forhead.

"Uff, I hate myself for making you cry like that. I hate it. I promise that I will never do anything that will make you cry." He groans and kisses on my teary face.

"Now, let's sleep." He says and I nod my head feeling absolutely exhausted mentally and physically both. He scoops me up in his arms in bridal style and carries me to the bed. He lays me down on the bed before covering me with the white duvet and kisses on my forhead again. He prepares to leave from there when I hold his hand stopping him.

"Plz don't go. Stay" I whisper as my eyelids start to fall. He doesn't say anything. He opens his jacket and climbs on the bed beside me. I snuggle closer to him and he wraps his hand around my waist. He is so comfortable and warm.Before I know, my eyelids flatter closed.

*****
ASHI

"Mother, have you called me?" I ask as soon as I enter in my mother's room. She is going through some books. Seeing me, she comes forward with a smile.