"Here's my room, I should have an old pair you can have...also you never said where you were from, never seen you round town before"

"Oh...we dont live in town, there's a hut just a few fields away from here, we own a nearby farm"

Zayne was listening intently, while digging into his draws and belongings for any shoes.

"Whats your size sorry?"

"Oh I'm a size 7"

"Hmm, dang I dont think I got anything"

"Its fine, I didn't ask yo-"

Suddenly Zayne's door opens and an older woman walks in, she had sleek black hair but towards the bottom was stark white, and her face was scrunched as she looks straight over to Kyle.

"I thought I smelled something...new"

"Go away Alyssa"

"Why? I was just popping by to see if you'd found a new toy yet? and I was right~"

Her eyes didn't leave Kyle's even though she was talking directly about him to his face, he hated disrespect but he wasn't about to answer to the mother cooking downstairs. They were a beautiful shade of violet.

And with those small moments spent, she leaves without another word, feeling Zayne place a hand on his shoulder, flinching back from him.

"I'm...sorry about her, we dont get along"

"Who was that?"

"My sister, Alyssa, she's very annoying I'd keep you're distance if you're gonna be hanging out here"

"Hanging out here? wait I cant stay here, I need to leave I shouldn't even be here" Kyle admits, getting overly worried about the reaction when he eventually had to return home.

"Why are you so scared?"

It didn't take a huge amount time to stand in the silence before Kyle rolled his eyes, he didn't want to do this but there was no other way to explain it without looking like a weakling. He rolled up his sleeves and bares his arms to Zayne, brandishing his belt marks on the arm from that morning.

There was a slight pause in Zaynes emotion, it wasn't easy to read but Kyle could see he got angry at this, then he could see his eyes watering though he covered it expertly.

"Who did that to you?"

"It doesn't matter, just know ill have to return to this eventually...its why I was at the pond in the first place"

Zayne didn't say anything, instead he just stared sadly at Kyle which made him very nervous, he never really interacted with anyone other than "family" his entire life, he never got drunk and clambered home after a night out or hanging with friends and living life, he was always working.

"You shouldn't go back"

"I have to"

"Why?!" he said exasperatedly.

"Because I cant leave my brother with them...it wouldn't be right" 

There was anther pause before the banging of a door could be heard downstairs, Zayne perked up and immediately looks out the window in front of his bed.

"Uh there's some old guy outside banging on my front door"

"WHAT?!"

Kyle, without hesitation, jumps into Zaynes closet, closing it behind him with a slam causing all his messily stacked clothes to fall over him. They stunk terribly of sweat and old cigarettes.