Part 20.

When Kyle had awoken from his dreamless sleep, he found he was in a bedchamber, the walls looked old and withered, and there was a window with no glass, speckles of snow floating in with the night still shading the sky. He felt the wound he expected to be at the back of his head, but felt nothing but hair and skin. He also felt invigorated, like he'd eaten an entire full course meal and slept everything off, leaning up from the bed and getting out, his gaze was concerned and his mind was focused on his brother.

The last he saw of him was inside the house just before it exploded,  rushing to the door at the end of this room, but it was locked But a simple lock wasn't going to stop him.

"Ictu Fax!" 

Suddenly, a small white flame spurts from his fingers in a jet of searing fire, holding it to the ock melting it away as if it was butter and kicking the door down.

"Shaun?!"

He looks around and finds he had walked into the exact same room, a bed in the same place, the window the same and as the door closed behind him, the lock reappears and, quite shockingly to Kyle, begins to grow attachments, a few key holes and steel bars began rapidly locking him in with only one thing to do, lay in bed...and wait.

But Kyle had already been through enough tonight to even think of giving up right now, he rushes to the window, preparing to turn himself into a raven to fit through but as he thought it, bars shackle him from the outside like a prison, the night sky didnt even seem real up close, it looked like a projection.

"What the HELL is this?!"

There wasn't any other escape, the only chance he had would be to try the door again, or make his own door.

The memories of his book, which he read countless times over the last month, now on his second re-read, remembered what it said about teleportation being a finnicky magic and that the slightest bit of it going wrong, could end in a terrible mess he cant fix afterwards. Kyle thought in his head whether it was worth the risk, if he died, he cant save his brother if he was in danger...but a depressing tinge of sadness washes over Kyle like a tsunami.

What if he had no brother anymore, what if the very small crumb of family he has was dead...and he never got to find out why...he never got to say sorry for blaming him about the book and the visions. All he could think about was the petrified look on his brother's face as he berated him, and for what?

Kyle slumped down onto the bed and mulled everything in his head with an obsessiveness only he could grasp, the need to know his mother really had become such a need to him, he forgot about everything else, apart from Zayne...which made the guilt even worse. There was a slight edge to the breeze drooling from the window, getting colder and colder until the room was slowly sprouting flakes of frost, they peel and fall back in place like jigsaw puzzles, flitting around the entire room, encircling him.

Kyle recognised this, immediately standing on the bed and avoiding them, refusing to let a single one touch him.

"Shit!"

"Very good..."

A voice sounded from the corners of the room as if there was speakers attached to them, it was the same voice he heard during his short moments of consciousness, There was a familiarity there, he'd heard it before that, when he witnessed the vision from the black book.

The voice of his father.

Kyle was speechless, he had no idea if this was a sick nightmare or he had been kidnapped and imprisoned by the father he believed to be dead, along with his mother.

"Now...lets see how you adapt"

The snowflakes and frost had begun to wobble and grow in size around on the floor, the only safe space was the bed and there wasn't anywhere else to go, and in a quick flash they rose like throwing stars, spinning viciously and in the direction of Kyle. On instinct he manages to hit the first two away with small bursts of flames, but the third and fourth hit his shoulder and cheek...slashing his skin and drawing blood.