Part 6.

The night had evolved and back at the hut under the slowly rising dawn, an old man lie face down in the mud, his ankle bleeding into a small puddle in the footprints of last night. He stirred with a grunt of pain, half of his face completely covered in mud and pressing his hands down to lift himself.

And as he stares into the distance that Kyle and Shaun had ran, he quickly remembers the wolf that had attacked him, quickly moving to inspect his ankle and sees the jagged bite wound that was already black and festering, flies had taken camp and were eating away at the blood still pulsing with red blood.

His face contorts into absolute fear.

"N-no...NOOOOO!"

His anger reaches a different level than before, smashing his fist into the ground with hot tears burning down his cheeks.

He didn't hear anything from the hut, no sounds of wailing from his wife, no tv, no kettle. He props himself up and stands, baring all his weight on his good leg and limping over to the front door, seeing it was ajar he pushed it open with a shove. Discovering broken shards of a vase on the floor and a tiny trail of blood leading to the middle of the room, where his wife was lying still, back to him and a patch of red at the back of her head.

"Pat..." he croaked out to her, but she didn't reply.

"Patty please...dont..." He began to choke up on his tears as he limps to her side, turning her over to reveal that she was indeed dead, her eyes lay open and her chest remained still. He was torn between destroying everything or crumpling into nothing.

"PATRICIA!" cradling her limp head he cries into her shoulder, the only person he loved was dead...the only person that loved him back was dead...

Stroking her hair with his calloused fingers, he notices something that didn't belong to either of them as he lays her down and scrambles over to it. It was a red top, the very same red top that Kyle had stolen from Zayne. And in the event of running away and killing Patricia, must've dropped from his rucksack.

The feeling of grief was slowly leaving him, and replacing it was an incessant cry for revenge, His leg was no longer hurting and had gone completely numb, after standing at full height he brings the top to his nose and takes a long and silent sniff. Taking in the hints of cigarettes and sweat.

"We let them into our home Patricia...and they repay us like THIS!" He bellowed, throwing the shirt to the ground in a flit of rage.

But in the back of his mind, a voice was calling to him, one that comforted him in his thirst to grab his gun out front and hunt them down.

"They dont deserve us...find them...and make them pay...for me Nicky~"

It was the voice of his diseased wife calling to him from the grave...he wasn't completely sure if it was real, or if he was going mad.

"Y-yes...I will..."

Nick, coming back to reality rushes to the cellar door where he had gotten his gun, Kyle was only aware of the gun in the cellar, but being banned from entering he couldn't even know what his grandfather was hiding under there.

Piles upon piles of old books and weapons were hidden in the musty dark cellar, along with multiple shelves full to the brim with different items of oddities. A shrunken head with many pony tails on its shriveled skull, a jar full of odd looking stones and a crossbow with an intricate spike bolt loaded into it.

"Fucking traitors...They'll pay...they'll both pay"

He grabs a hold of an old book, frantically flipping the pages and not discovering what he wanted,coughing at the unearthed dust he was spreading. Switching from book to book and page to page, he stops on one page that read the following inscription: