Dangerous Territory

While we all sat around the table which had the file of Michael Hanson on it, I was still texting Jake.

Even though Jessy said that the phone number changed, going to the address is worth a shot

I have my doubts about that, Matthew.
Have you said this to the others?

Not yet. I will now
If some of us have to go, then so be it

I will be awaiting your comeback.
See you later, Matthew.

I looked up at the others. "Before you guys say anything, I am going."

"If Matthew goes then I'm going as well." Jessy immediately followed up.

"Do we need more?" I piped up.

"Woah woah, okay, slow down you two. You do realize what this means, right? You're going to some place linked to a potential suspect." Cleo objected.

"Yes Cleo, we're aware." Jessy told her.

"Maybe Lilly?" I suggested.

"No no no, I'm sorry but I can't bear the thought of it." Lilly stuttered the words with her arms wrapped around her.

"Not everyone is ready to be hero like you, genius." Dan snarled at me with a glare, which I shrugged off.

"If you need someone else, I'll do it." Thomas announced.

"Thomas, are you sure about this?" Cleo questioned him.

"It's for Hannah, so yes, I am sure. I'll drive you two."

"Then it's settled. Let's do this."

We bid our friends goodbye and got in Thomas's car. I was gonna wordlessly allow Jessy to ride shotgun but to my surprise, she opted to sit with me in the back. As strong as she tried to look, I can tell she was drained by all these events.

"Matthew....I'm honestly scared..." She murmured to me.

"I know, Jessy. All of us are..."

The ride started, and all of us remained silent. In the midst of it, I found myself holding hands with the girl sitting next to me, she was looking for comfort and reassurance.

I noticed Thomas looking at us in the rear view mirror with an unreadable expression. He was probably having mixed feelings because he's happy we're close...and sad because he's missing Hannah. I can't say I blame him.

"Then Jake must've objected to you doing this, right?" Jessy asked me.

"Yes. But I thought it's about time he trusted my judgement, like I've been trusting his."

"Guys, we're here." Thomas announced. All three of us moved our heads to the side to get a look at the house.

This could go very, very wrong.

Thomas drove closer and finally parked, then we got out. We could sense the creepy atmosphere from afar.

Thomas went ahead while me and Jessy walked behind him, still holding hands.

I turned to her. "We might have to let go once we're inside." She nodded in understanding and let go of my hand then we both refocused on the house.

"I'll take some pictures." Thomas said and did so. Jessy followed suit.
Then Thomas turned to me. "Aren't you gonna do it too?"
"We'll need a lookout once we're inside. I'll take care of it." I replied.

After the two finished, we walked in. It was about as much as you'd expect from an abandoned house with a possible killer in it.

We walked around for a while, listening in for any cues that could indicate someone's here with us but we seemed to be alone.

Still.

We were disturbed, especially when we came across some creepy clues.

A rope, duct tape and weirdly enough, some candles and unlabeled food cans.
We all came to the same conclusion and it sent shivers down our spines. Poor Hannah...

Thankfully, Jessy and Thomas stayed strong and took pictures. We moved on but didn't know where to look after we finished the upstairs area.

"I think we looked everywhere..." Thomas remarked.
"Then why do I feel like we're missing something?" I asked myself.
"Guys...I think I'm seeing something." Jessy piped up, catching our attention. She pointed to something through the window.

"Is that...a bunker?"
"I think so..." Thomas answered her.
"Perfect place to keep someone you don't want to go anywhere." I mused.

We started heading towards the bunker, feeling like the creepy factor will just increase when we get there.

And we were right.