An Obvious Choice

I got out of the cab, paid for the ride and thanked the driver. Honestly, if he knew anything about where he was dropping me off, he won't even feel displeased that I didn't thank him.

The taxi took off and I was left in what promised to be the town center, based on the map I saw of the place on the map.

Time to text my designated driver.

Tommy boy, I'm in the center of the map, I believe.

Thomas: Alright, I'll be with you in a minute

Thanks dude

Jessy: I can't believe Matthew is actually here 😆😆

Oh you better believe it, Jessica 😏😈

Jessy: What did I say about calling me that 👿👿

Cleo: Haha, maybe we should start calling you that 😝

Jessy: Ughhhhh, thanks Matthew. You and Jake 😑

Anytime.
Oop, looks like Tommy is here. I'll text Jake and meet up with you soon

I put my phone away and watched as a car pulled up to me. Thomas opened the window of the passenger side and leaned over to look at me.

"Hey Matthew, get in."

I obliged and rode with him, then he started driving again.

"It's so weird to see you in person after only ever being able to text and video call you." Thomas commented.

"I feel the same way. I thought you'd be taller." I joked with him, managing to get a little chuckle.

After that, silence took over for a bit with me watching the scenery and him focusing on driving before I decided to ask the dreadful question.

"Does Lilly know I'm in town yet?"

He simply sighed and nodded with an apprehensive look.

"Okay...." I contemplated changing the subject so I asked something else. "Where are you dropping me off?"

"Everyone is packing their stuff to go to the hut. You didn't forget about that plan, right?" Thomas asked.

In truth, I did kinda forget but nobody has to know.

"Of course not."

"So I guess you can choose someone to maybe help with packing and come to the hut with them." He suggested.

I liked the idea and I already know who to pick, but I was curious about something.

"Is the option I want obvious to you, Tommy boy?"

"What do you mean?" Thomas raised an eyebrow at the question.

"I already know who to pick. Can you guess?"

"Well, if I had to...my guess would be Jessy."

"Bingo."

"I mean, you two have grown awfully close quickly. Weirdly enough." He remarked.

I turned back to the window, hiding a small blush. "Yeah...I guess we did."

As agreed, Thomas dropped me off at Jessy's house. I felt my nerves rising up as I approached the front door. Was I really ready to face who's behind this door?

I knocked three times in a frantic manner then took some deep breaths to try and calm down.
Deep breaths, Matthew. Deep breaths. It's okay, you're only meeting someone you have a big crush on.

In the midst of my internal conflict, I didn't hear the door open, but I did hear the voice of an angel.

"...Matthew?"