Chapter six

By the time she arrived back at the tent she was feeling dreadful. The conversation with Zoya kept on replaying in her head. Was she truly just a replacement for somebody dead? Is that why she was chosen, was she simply the next best thing the General could find?
While entering the tent an envelope on her little desk caught her eye.
"It just came in, some young Grisha brought it. I asked what it was about and who sent it but they did not answer me. They seemed scared for some reason."
"And you are surprised by that? Every young Grisha fears you. You are known to have a bit of a temper." Aurora chuckled.
"How dare you I do not have a temper"
"Of course you don't"
She took the letter and looked at the wax seal it was the darkest black you could fine, it could only be from two people. Though Aurora knew at the first glance of the seal who messaged her and that this letter did not contain anything nice except a beating with words. She disappeared wordlessly into her part of the tent.

********

Once she was sure nobody was there she sat in her bed and ripped open the wax seal. Baghra always sent these letters to her it was hard to keep down as everybody was noisy in that Palast. Thank the Gods that Baghra was able to make the young students do her bidding as they feared a beating with her stick.

Aurora herself remembers it quite vividly when she came to the Little Palace as a scared little girl and had to endure hours of training with Baghra.

"You are not listening child!" exclaimed the older woman while slapping her leg with her cane.
"It's not my fault! It doesn't work like that I can't control it!"
"Of course you can. Otherwise you would have already burned down the Little Palace." another slap with her cane followed.
"Stop it!"
Another one.
"I can't do it"
Another one

"Do it child. Make a fire or are you afraid?" the older women mocked her.
"I am not afraid"
"To me it seems like it"
Another slap.

With a shout from the scared girl there came a burst of wind which knocked the table over and left Baghra who is never quiet, speechless for a second.

"How did you do that child? I was told you are an Inferni where did that come from?"
"I don't know! It just happens when-"

"Aurora! You're obnoxious friend is here the Heartrender!" Zoya shouted.
"Just a second!"

And with that she finally opened the letter, only to find three words written.
"Don't trust him"
Nothing else.

"Typical. Always so cryptic." she muttered under her breath while burning the evidence of the letter in her hand.

********

Fedyor and her left the tent and took a walk in between tents. You could hear a Volcra screeching in the fold. It was a monstrous thing.

"What are you thinking about?" asked her friend.
"Nothing and everything. Most of all I'm worrying about the trip through the fold just standing here gives me goosebumps"
"It's not so bad. You are one of the safest persons on that entire skiff. As an Inferni you can fight the volcra."
"I know, I know but still I can't even imagine being in there in the pitch black no life around you, everything dark and lifeless."
"Stop worrying about it. Nothing will happen. I've crossed the fold two times and still I'm standing here."

Aurora nodded and agreed with him. But she had a lot of other worries, the Darkling, Baghra. Especially being in his inner circle, Zoya warned her, Zoya who is favoured by him who never shows fear and Baghra's mysterious letter didn't make her feel better.

********

After a dreadful dinner, she really missed the little palace's food, she went straight to her tent and got ready for bed.

********

"Brekker where are you going? You afraid that you're going to lose?" Harshaw mocked her.
"Shut up. I'm not afraid I simply don't want to fight you" Aurora answered angrily.
"You seem angry. Did I hurt your feelings? Little orphan with the dead family. Do you miss them? Oh you poor little girl you want a hug?" he mocked her.
Laughter all around.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her back. She shoved him away.
""I said stop it!"
And with that she unleashed a burst of fire, Harshaw ducking away to escape the flames but the hut in the forest wasn't as lucky. With her outburst it went up on flames instead of Harshaw.

Hey Guys,
How are we feeling that season two is coming out soon. I'm exited to see how they portray Nikolai and Stormhond and how exactly the crows will play into that story.

I'm sorry for not updating in so long and now writing this shitty chapter but I simply don't have time or motivation to write right now.

I hope you still enjoyed this chapter and I hope it fits into the timeline. As always please point out any mistakes you find and I would be very thankful if you voted and wrote a little feedback.