Chapter three

To say she was happy to have arrived was an understatement. She nearly jumped out of the still driving coach. Not because Zoya was being the grumpy person she was. But because she was drooling over some soldier. Who looked like, as she called it, a "snack". She might've gagged just a little bit.

The happiness she felt while leaving the carriage didn't hold long. In front of her was the fold.

Even though she wasn't right in front of the fold she could hear volcras screeching. Just looking at it made her feel as if all the happiness was being sucked out of her and there was a shudder going down her spine.

"It's horrifying."
"I know. I would say it gets better the more times you cross it but it doesn't. Just do it like me find some hot guy sleep with him, hope he tires you out so you can sleep and then just cross the fold."
"Well that makes me feel better."

Zoya wasn't kidding when she told her this. While they were walking to the Grisha tent to find out with whom they would share a tent. She sent flirty looks to every person they walked by or at least every attractive person.

She wondered what it would feel like to receive one of those looks. I mean Zoya is beautiful with her dark hair and her deep brown eyes which reminded her of mornings with her family in their little cottage. The rising morning sun on their wooden table, while they were sitting and eating as a fam- Wait?!

Where the hell did that come from? Nevermind probably just a reminder of her family, it happens.

"Could you please stop flirting with every person we walk by" she snapped at the brown haired Squaller.

"Why? Are you jealous? Would you like me to flirt with you? Or maybe use you as a distraction? Wouldn't be the first time now would it?" countered Zoya.

"No, I'm not jealous and why would I be that was a one time thing. We were both frustrated and that's it."
Well that was a lie looking back she definitely was jealous.

"You mean you were frustrated after you lit Harshaw on fire and then were banned from going on missions and I was being nice and helped you out." said Zoya.

"Right as if you didn't enjoy it."
"I never said that"
And with that she disappeared in the Grisha tent.

********

After Aurora told the older Grisha that she was here. They told her which tent she would inhabit and with whom.

And as lucky as she apparently is she had to share one with Zoya. Who was- after her latest comment-
a mistery to her.

Luckily the tents of the Second army are quite big and everybody has kind of their own room which is separated with materialki made fabric.

Thank good for Materialkis without them nobody would be able to sleep with all this noise. This fabric is nearly entirely soundproof but still lets some noise inside.

********

After settling in she went outside of her "room" to get some fresh air without having to go completely outside. She sat on some cushions which were put on pallets as a makeshift couch.

She was just relaxing and listening to the sounds of people talking, drinking and laughing. When Zoya joined her.

"No yummy boys today?" asked the blonde Inferni.
"No I just wasn't in the mood" the other girl chuckled.

Yes you heard right Zoya actually kind of laughed.

"What are you doing out here? It's already dark outside." the Squaller continued.
"I could ask you the same question. But I'm just going to guess and say nerves." answered Aurora.

After a minute of comfortable silence the dark haired beauty spoke again.
"You want some kvas? I snuck it out of the older Grishas tent."

"Yes please. I'm never going to fall asleep sober." Aurora joked.

********

Later when both were quite a bit intoxicated Zoya told the blonde:
"You know you're actually not bad. I think your nice and I think you're really powerful. But sometimes you make me jealous so I'm acting like a bitch."

"I think you're talented too or you know powerful."
"You kind of have this perfect life, the Darkling's thinks your powerful, everybody likes you and your always happy. But I have one question. Do you ever think about your family? Or want to go back? Cause I sure as hell don't."
"I do think about them and thought about it. I asked the general about it. He told me that he did some research and that everybody died."

"I'm sorry."
"It's alright i found out a while ago and made my peace with it."

"You know what , let's stop talking about it. I need a distraction" acknowledged Aurora while she turned to look at Zoya.

Zoya turned to look at Aurora.
"So do I"

The next thing they knew they were both on their way to Zoyas bed with a trail of clothing following them.

While taking a short breath the Inferni said
"We're going to regret this tomorrow aren't we?"
"Probably"

A/N:
Sorry for letting you wait this long but I have so much school right now and am kinda stressed.
But I'll try to post a chapter at least once a week.
I have no idea how to write a kiss so that's kind of awkward.
I hope you still enjoyed the chapter.
Tell me what you think and vote please :)