Chapter one

She was struggling, screaming, kicking everything she could find. She tried to get out of his grip. She could feel his hot breath on her neck and the cold knife against her throat.

'Please, please let me go. I don't have anything no money, nothing my parents won't be able to give you anything'  Aurora cried out.

The man said something in a different language. It sounded like Fjerdan the language her mother used to speak.

He finally stopped walking and pushed her away from him. She stumbled and landed on the hard ground. She could see the see from here and a ship. The hoisted flag was unknown to her. There were more men coming on land in a rowboat.

They gave her a look and started talking in Fjerdan. Finally one of them turned to her and spoke with a thick accent.

'Drüsje you will help us find out more about you're kind.'

'What my k-kind?'

'Your mother still believed in our cause and sold you to us for just some kruge.I mean I can't blame who would want a reminder of your husbands infidelity in front of you everyday especially if she's a witch.' he spat at her.

'She wouldn't do that!'

He turned away and gave orders to the rest of them. The girl took the chance and tried to run but one of them caught her as soon as she took three steps.

She pushed him away

'Stay away from me!'

The next guy who touched her hissed and pulled away. Their leader screamed at them to get the girl.

Suddenly they stopped when they saw fire on the girls hands.

'You really are a little drüsje.'

While she was distracted one of the men snuck up behind her and knocked her out.

Aurora woke up with a gasp and sat up in here bed. She looked around and tried to calm her heart rate before one of the heart renders notices.

'You're okay. You're alright. You're at the little palace. That was seven years ago. You're alright.' she thought to herself.

A knock on the door startled her.

'Who's there?'

'It's Ivan. The general wants to see you. As fast as possible. Hurry!' replied the grumpy heartrender.

'Well good morning to you too.' she mumbled to herself.

She got up, brushed her teeth and put on her blue, red Kefta. Which showed everyone that she was a member of the second army. A summoner, more specifically an Inferni.

********

A few minutes later she walked through the halls of the little palace with Ivan. You could smell breakfast and hear her stomach grumble.

'Do you know what he wants?'
'You'll find out soon'
'Wow. Great, thank you for your help and not letting me walk in there completly blind.
'Your welcome.'

As she stood in front of the generals room she felt really nervous.

' He couldn't have found out that...?'

'What's got your heart rate up? You nervous?'
'Shut up!'

The door opened and the General stood before them.

'Good Morning miss Rietveld. Ivan you can leave.'
'Good morning moy soverenyi'

'Come in and sit down'
He led her to his desk and sat down opposite her.

'What can I do for you moy soverenyi.'

'Miss Rietveld you will accompany miss Nazyalensky and the other summoners to the shadow fold.'

'What?! You want me to go through the shadow fold?'
'Yes is there any reason why you wouldn't go?'
'No sir. No I was just surprised that is all'

'Good. Now go. You leave in an hour. Pack your things.'
'Yes moy soverenyi'

********

After packing her stuff. She no longer was hungry. She only went through the fold once when she was just a child and together with the the General she couldn't have been saver.

********

On her way down to the carriage she bumped into the Squaller Zoya Nazyalensky.

'Watch where you're going Rietveld'
'Me? You're the one who wasn't looking where she was going.'
'Excuse me you ran into me. So now get out of my way.'

'Screw you Zoya' she mumbled while walking to the summoner carriage.

When she arrived she was quiet surprised to see nobody else there. Except for the driver and an angry Zoya stomping after her.

'Give me your luggage and go in we don't want you two to be late. Now do we?'
'What do you mean us two where are the other Summoners' snapped Zoya.

'Th-there are no others it's just you two.' stammered the poor driver.
She really makes everyone fear hear thought the Inferni.

'Well, you heard the man. Let's go Zoya. Oh and maybe calm down. I really don't want to get struck by lightning.'

And with that the Squaller pushed the Inferni away but no without zapping her first with her finger.

Aurora yelped.
But stayed quiet considering it was gonna be a long ride to the Shadow Fold.

A/N:
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. And feel free to point out mistakes or tell me ideas you have.
And if you want comment and vote.