Prologue

It was a regular day for the three Rietveld siblings. They helped their parents with chores and after that went outside behind their little hut in the fields. Aurora felt the wind on her face, the sun on her skin and the grass touching her legs. It was nearly high enough for the harvest. She could hear Kaz and Jordie giggling behind her and felt the older one picking her up and spinning in circles.

From behind them they could hear their mothers voice: 'don't go to far you never know what kind of creatures stalk the woods.'

They continued running and only stopped at the old oak. They sat down and caught their breaths.

'I'm going to make a flower crown!'
'Then go on here are enough flowers'
'But I want the pretty ones. Please Jordie come with me.'
'Don't worry you can do it alone or are you a little baby?'

'Are you afraid Rora? Do you think ther is something in the woods?' asked her younger brother.

'No. I'm not afraid and I'm not a baby. I'm only a year younger than you Jordie. I'm already 10 years old and no Kaz there is nothing in the woods.'

'Are you sure Rora? I can go with you'
'Yes are you sure Rory? Or do you need an eight year old to come with you?' her older brother teased.

'No, I'm not afraid.' she responded.

'Then why don't you go? Seems like you're afraid' he laughed.

'Can you make me a flower crown? Because you wanted to make one.' Kaz questioned.

'Of course I will. I'll be back.'  she said.

It was a really a quite normal day for them but they didn't know what would happen and that it would be just the start of many bad things in their life.