Chapter two

Her throat felt like it was on fire and her stomach felt like it never had food. She was exhausted and just wanted to go home. That was the moment she decided that she will fight, fight for herself, fight for her family.

The only sound she heard was the wind howling outside. The dripping of water and footsteps walking down the stairs.

'Here's food little girl. Captain wants you fed and pretty.' said one of the sailors in a thick accent.

The man freed her hands and let her eat the piece of bread. Upstairs shouting started and not long after the sound of swords colliding. The man went to see what the commotion was about and left Aurora.

He forgot one thing. Her hands were left untied. She took the opportunity and hid herself.

He was coming back. She heard the footsteps. She waited in her hiding place, behind an old barrel. 'Til the person stood beside it and sent a flame their way.

What she didn't think was that it would be a women putting out the fire with a gush of wind.

The women used that the surprise to her advantage and pinned her arms beside her head. As soon as she saw the little girl.

'Let me go please. Don't hurt me.'
'You're Grisha? Don't worry I won't fight you. It's okay.'

She didn't trust the woman and the fact that her Ravkan was flawless didn't make her less suspicious. So she kicked the women in her stomach and tried to run up the stairs.

But she didn't come very far. As soon as she was on the deck she looked behind herself to see if the women was following her and bumped into a man. Clad in a black kefta.

'And who would you be little girl?'

'Brekker wake up.'

She opened her eyes and saw Zoya looking at her.

'You talk in your sleep. Did you know that? It's terribly annoying.'
'Well I'm terribly sorry that me having nightmares annoys you.' Aurora replied sarcastically.

The brunettes eyes softened and seemed less annoyed. Or maybe she just imagined it.

The Squaller looked outside.

'Was it about the day you were found and brought to the little palace?'
'What? How do you even know about that?'

'When you arrived we were told to be nice to you and not ask thousands of questions. Like why you didn't come to the little palace sooner.' Zoya answered.

'Well that's just great. Why don't we tell all the people that little Rory was kidnapped by slavers and had to get saved by the Darking.'
'Wait- you were kidnapped by-'
The carriage came to an abrupt halt.

They heard the voice of the driver say that there's a tree in the middle of the road.

'It's a trap' they muttered simultaneously.

There haven't been any storms in weeks so why would the tree just fall? I mean that isn't possible

They went outside and saw some townsfolk in front and behind of the carriage.

'What do you want?' sneered the Squaller.
'You really have to stop attacking our carriages.' said the blonde Inferni. This is the fourth time that a carriage was interrupted because of messages for the king.

'We want you to send the king a message. We won't pay all theses taxes anymore! If he won't leave us alone he can say goodbye to his beloved Grisha!'

'Are you kidding me?! The king could not care less about us and did you ever think about the fact that we're literally going in the opposite direction and not to Os Alta?' mentioned Aurora.

'Now get out of our way before I'll blast you into oblivion!' threatened Zoya.

'All right we'll go but don't forget to tell him our message!' grumbled one of them.

'Yes, yes now go away!'
They started leaving but not before they let out a bunch of curse words. Which made Zoya nearly explode.

'Well great you sent them away. How are we now supposed to get the tree out of the way?'
'I don't know you control wind so how about you just lift it?'
'I can't do that alone!'

'Saints. This is just great!'
'You know what let's just try it, you and the driver lift it and I help with the wind.'

********

After a few try's they did not get it lifted.
The driver spoke up: 'How about we just cut the tree in half and then try again?'

'Well because we don't have a saw smartass!' the blonde replied.

'Of course we do there's one in the back.'
'So you had a saw all this time and didn't tell us!?' Zoya was fuming by now.

'Y-yes' he stuttered
'Well then let's go!'

********

Nearly an hour  later they continued.
'Did you really have to terrify him like that?' questioned Aurora.

'Oh I'm sorry. So you're telling me that you weren't annoyed?' she sneered.

'Of course I was but-'
'But nothing. It's done and we're on our way now.'
'You're horrible'
'So are you'
'Excuse me?!'
'Well who of us nearly burned somebody alive?'
'Do you always have to bring that up?'
'Yes. Yes I do.'

A/N:
I know this chapter probably didn't make much sense and was unnecessary. But I kinda wanted a sense with just those two (and the driver).
Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and tell me what you think :)