41) The Eighth Vow

...

"I love you too, sweetheart

"I love you too, sweetheart."

His words filled with true love and emotions bring a pang to her heart.

She should be ashamed of herself.

There her brother was taking all the blame and was rotting inside the four walls of jail and here she was sitting all decked as a bride in a bright colorful room ready to embrace her new life!

He was proved a best brother again and again but what about her. She was nothing but a coward and betrayer.

It was not something which her parents had taught her.

Lie to the person who loves you the most, trust you the most.

They must be frowning at her, looking at her with disappointment in their eyes. She was going to start a new life by hurting the person because of whom she had survived her life.

His voice again rang in her ears bringing her back from her thoughts," Last night I was in tears, getting weird thoughts," Abhimanyu said before taking a small pause.

"I have been missing you since day one but I don't know why I was weeping last night. I felt like someone was snatching you from me. Taking you away from me."

"Abhimanyu," Aadya tried to say but got cut off by him,"I know this is so random. I am feeling stupid too. I don't know what's there to cry about when I know you will always be my little sister. My sweetheart."

"You will, right? " he asked, vulnerable.

With tears in her eyes she smiled the most painful smile uttering a broken,"of course."

" I know that. My sweetheart will never leave me. She will never hurt me."

His words brought a stinking pain to her heart, she felt she would collapse on the ground by the weight of guilt and self hate resting on her chest.

She was not ashamed of choosing her life partner but it was a shame that she was marrying them without telling her brother.

The pain was unbearable. It was no less than the pain she had felt when she lost her parents.

And she also knew the only way to get rid of this pain was telling him the truth. He will hate her, will never talk to her, she knows it but at least the truth will make the pain a little less and put off the weight from her heart.

"Abhimanyu," wiping her running tears she said as confidently as she could.

"Yes sweetheart."

"I am going to tell you something. Something which can shake our world but not our love. I know you will hate me after hearing me but you have to accept it because I have accepted it long ago," her voice came out strong, stronger than any storm.