[𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉]

"We have confirmed with the other involved party, and his statement corroborates with Mr Pennington's side of the story."

"Bullshit! This oaf and his buffoons were giving him hell instead! Don't you see all his bruises?!"

"Hah! Such a foul mouth! Mr Principal, how can you not see that this girl with her poor upbringing was the one who cause all the injuries sustained by my poor baby!"

"Upon our investigation into the matters, the school board has come to a decision that your sports scholarship will be rescinded as of today. The school is deeply appreciative of your contribution in showcasing our sports excellence and thus you will not be suspended. You may continue to pursue your education here in this Academy at your own expe..."

"Did you... lie in your statements?"

"You don't understand. My scholarship was on the line too..."

"All the more reason not to lie about it! Are you saying you are ready to throw me away instead of sticking to the trut-"

"So what? Don't go on saying that we are friends or anything, because I don't remember asking that from you."

"..."

"You only have yourself to blame. Maybe next time, know your place don't get yourself involved in things that don't really concern you. They're buying you to do sports, so just be a nice one and do what you're being paid for."

"...... Are you hearing yourself- do you look at yourself in the mirror? Those bruises-"

"And I'm telling you you shouldn't have concerned yourself with it!"

"How can I just turn a blind eye to that?"

"Maybe work on that- I don't know... saviour complex? This world isn't gonna just turn for the better just because you--"

A sharp inhale. A staggered sigh.

The cold sweat trickling down your forehead is the only proof that your mind was once again mocking you by making it replay a few horrible memories.

It's still three hours before you are supposed to be awake, but you no longer feel like going back to sleep. Heck, you don't care about preserving your energy for school, since you are not even sure if you want to show up tomorrow.

When was the last time you let such dread take over yourself?

"I think you are a good person..."

Geez, what does a good person do anyway?

"I wonder... if I'll get to meet you again here," you unconsciously voice out the silent wish that has been residing within you ever since the first day you moved to Japan. You can feel the throb in your arm at every shaky breath you take to calm yourself from the nightmares. You think that, for someone so special to you, you'd remember their name or face. But you were instead rendered unable to do so after a very timely... accident.

If only the accident just took away your knowledge of people's vileness, instead of precious memories that gave you faith to look forward to what life had in store for you.

Now you only hope that if even without their name or face, you could still recognise them right away.

A dejected sigh. A hushed desire. You eventually decide to try going back to sleep, at the very least, so that you have the energy to welcome a day of the potential reunion.

Your eyelids flutter open at the sudden flicker of memories from last night. With him.

It reminds you of the unfinished report sitting inside one of your secret folders. It's not rare that you procrastinate, but something about recounting last night's events makes you want to turn the device off and bury yourself in the ground. You can't stop the groan from escaping you.