Chapter 7: Missing Person Case V (END)

Začít od začátku

Good is bullshit

He combined the message of the three letters. He repeats it internally, analyzing what it means. It seems like it wanted to indicate something to them.

'What might it be?'

He frowns as he contemplates. Alberu opens his eyes to stare at Cale as he thinks about it. He could see Cale still typing, a serious look on his face.

'Hmmmm. A man is sexy when he works seriously.'

Alberu thought to himself mesmerized by Cale. He mentally slaps himself.

'Alberu Crossman! Focus. Fucking focus.' He scolds himself.

An idea suddenly pops into his mind. He grabs a piece of paper and pen. He combines the first letters of each sentence. When he finished writing it, he was surprised by what he got.

ARMISWATCHING

ARM/ IS / WATCHING

ARM IS WATCHING

'Arm is watching?'

Alberu has a bad feeling about this. Why is Arm mentioned again? In the past years of his career, while they were investigating cases, Arm was also brought up by some of the suspects they arrested.

They all stated the same thing.

'Arm will be the one who will bring us justice!'

Their facial expressions while they declared it was hysterical, full of conviction, and satisfaction.

'This is bad?'

It means Arm has a connection to the cases they were investigating in the past until now. Alberu let out a heavy sigh with what he discovered. He pinches the bridge of his nose before staring at Cale once again.

He waits for Cale to finish. He did not wait for long though because Cale was finished when he caught him staring. Cale let out a small smile looking at Alberu.

"So what did you discover?"

"The letter has a coded message for us."

Alberu gave him the letters and the message he cracked. As he wait for Cale to finish looking, he could see Cale becoming frustrated before letting out a whine towards Alberu.

"Damn, so I was right?"

"You're right about?"

"Arm has a hand in this. The past few years, we have been bumping into this organization. "

"You too?"

"Oh, so it means you guys also?" Cale asks.

"Yes. So what have you discovered in the flash drive?"

Cale motions Alberu to come towards him as he stood up. Alberu was confused why Cale stood up but still complies.

When he was near, Cale unexpectedly let him sit on his chair, a tight grip of his hand on his shoulders.

Alberu flinches a bit because of the strong grip before he let himself relax.

He can see on the monitor what the files say. It says;

Criminals & Potential Criminals (2020)

There were many names and he could see the criminals they had caught before with a red border.

"Why do some of them has a red border?" Alberu asks Cale who was also looking, a frown evident on his face.

"It might be they are criminals who committed a crime. And the grey border might mean they only have a potential to be a criminal." Cale replies.