Log Entry 3: August 21-22, 1985

Start from the beginning

                          insane in my mentality. I'm worried I will forget you very soon

                        after the medicine takes its toll on me.

                                                                 8:00 P.M.

                   I was now in a cage that is flying inside a metal angel called an "airplane".

                  I could now spell better than ever before since I looked up words in a big book called a dictionary. I stole it from Xavion. I was reading in the plane so I could use proper spelling.

                 I was getting sleepy again. Maybe it was my wounds on my arms, face, and legs. Did you know that bleeding can cause dizziness? I might have also stolen a medical dictionary too.

                                                                           2:49 P.M., August 22, 1985

                I woke and I was terrified. There was a needle in my arm and I was in a bed while other people in blue pajama-things and white coats looked at me. Were they going to hurt me like Xavion and the others?

         "Hello. Can you tell us your name?" a woman in a white coat asked me.

        I mumbled, "It's Zaydilyn. Z-A-Y-D-I-L-Y-N."

      The woman nodded. She then bent down to my arm and started to mess with white, stretchy things around my arms. "What are those?" I asked, curiously.

     "Bandages." the woman replied, "You were bleeding pretty profusely. We had to put someone else's blood into your body to keep you alive."

      "You could've said transfusion," I pointed out.

       The woman raised an eyebrow and then scoffed. Chuckling, she told me, "I bet you don't even know what that means."

    "Transfusion." I said again, "The introduction of whole blood or blood component directly into the blood stream. Cf. infusion. direct t., immediate t. exchange t., repetitive withdrawal of small amounts of blood and replacement with donor blood, until a large proportion of the blood volume has been exchanged."

    "H-how do you know that. Where did that come from? The files we have of you say you're only 4 years of age. Where do you know that from?" the woman questioned, confused and dumfounded.

   "Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary Twenty-fifth Edition. It was published in 1975 by W.B. Saunders company. I found transfusion on page 1630 under the guide words transacylase and transfusion itself," I answered.

    The woman still looked at me in awe and smiled as she sighed, "Well, if you know that, what does a red and white blood cell do?"

   "A red blood cell, or an erythrocyte, carries nutrients and oxygen to normal cells, and white blood cells, or neutrophils take out germs," I said.

      "Wow," the woman said, "you're a wonder!"

          I didn't say anything. I don't know why but I felt rather unnerved. The woman's tone almost sounded like Xavion when he talked about how I'd be an extraordinary being as a young toddler. I had no reason to do anything but think that the woman was going to slice my arm open or inject me with poisonous or lethal chemicals. I was tired and as I drifted off into another period of slumber, I whispered, "Goodnight, Daddy. I love you."