Chapter 41-Last Minute Wishes

Comincia dall'inizio

Ate asked about the call from Attorney Salazar.

"Did she tell you anything about the documents?"

"She didn't. Basta pumunta ako sa office niya to pick it up."

"Nagtataka lang ako. Ang tagal nang wala ni Lola. Bakit ngayon pa?"

"Hindi ko din alam. But after learning about what happened, ngayon ko lang nalaman ang iba pang bagay tungkol sa kanya. I never thought that she cheated on Lolo."

"Galit ka ba sa kanya?"

"Hindi. I'm sure she has her reasons kung bakit niya nagawa ang bagay na iyon. I also understand the fear. Kung ngayon nga I still experience discrimation because of who I am, noong panahon pa kaya niya when equality was not even a thought?"

"Kunsabagay. Nakakaawa nga din si Lola kasi she had to endure the all that abuse from Lolo. Nasa Amerika sila pero di makapagdivorce dahil dito sila kinasal."

"Ang dami nating hindi alam tungkol sa kanya. I wonder how she handled everything? Just the thought na hindi sila puwedeng magsama ng taong mahal niya was heartbreaking."

"But she was already married to Lolo when she met this woman. Nagcheat pa din siya and that's what bothers me."

"May dahilan pa din kung bakit niya nagawa iyon."

"Kahit na." Ate's tone was hard.

Parang may pinaghuhugutan.

"Kung anuman ang reason ni Lola, I couldn't completely blame Lolo Pedro. Baka pinoprotektahan niya lang ang pamilya niya? I know it's easier said than done but why cheat? Lalo na at kasal na siya. Doon ako napapapuzzle."

Ate Jocelyn looked perplexed.

"Is that the reason why you and Blair divorced? Was he cheating on you?"

Ate met my gaze and I saw the pain lurking behind her dark brown eyes.

"Yes. Pero kilala mo naman ako. I'm not the jealous type. Sa work namin, there are lots of beautiful men and women. The physicality, our bodies, iyon ang puhunan namin."

"I always thought I have a good head on my shoulders. Kaya ko i-handle ang flirtation, blatant or subtle. I know my limits. Kilala ko ang sarili ko so I know my boundaries."

"Blair was the opposite. He was this typical guy who capitalized on this alibi na very common dito sa atin. But just because palay ang lumalapit sa manok does not mean kailangan mong tukain." She scoffed.

"Pero dahil kasal ako sa kanya at kahit isang Elvis impersonator ang nag-officiate sa kasal namin, I respected that union. Pinanindigan ko ang pagiging wife niya dahil I really loved him. But I could only understand so much. He constantly lied about his affairs and before I'm in too deep into the rabbit hole, I decided to end it."  Huminga siya ng malalim.

She had been here for days and she was always keeping herself busy.

I'm afraid that she was avoiding her emotions kaya most of the time ay umaalis siya.

But I could never deny that despite the tough persona she projected, my sister was very lonely.

"It's hard to start over, Isa. Hindi ko alam kung saan mag-uumpisa."

"Why don't you begin with healing, Ate?"

May nasaling yata ako dahil her eyes had a sharp glow and then it disappeared and softened.

"I know you always wanted me to see the strong side of you but you don't have to be like that all the time. You are in pain. It's okay to cry and be sad about it." Her tears fell.