Swayam lost his last resilience at her silence. Hence, he walked away before he could listen her accepting to whatever he needed. Vicky and Nil followed him as Rey signaled them to go on his behind.

“Sharon… We are getting late…” Surbhi came to the aid, showering an innocent smile at Zain. “Oh… I’m sorry for holding you guys up…” He apologized. “But I have an invitation for you, Sharon” He turned to her. “Tomorrow night we are throwing a party for all the people here… I want you to come too” He gave her his handsome smile. “Ooo…” Sharon stumbled. “You can bring all your friends along too… What say guys?” He then turned to the girls. “Sure…” Simmi committed before anyone could oblige it. All others glared her, including Sharon. “Wow… On point! I like you…” Zain blinked at Simmi. She flushed in shyness. “See you then… Bye Sharon” He waved, walking back into his group of buddies. As he joined his group, there was loud cheers and pat on his back from his fellow mates which went noticed by Rey.

“You… kyun agreed, Simmi?” Neha blasted on her. “Exactly…” Kriya supported. “Hume pata bi nahi hai wo banda kaun hai…” Surbhi warned. “Hume pata nahi hai… But Sharon ka toh pata haina…” Simmi defended her actions. “Toh mujhe bolne deti, Simmi…” Sharon was against her acceptance too. She didn’t intend to go the party or fulfill anything Zain asked for. She had come to Kashmir for a purpose and she didn’t want to have any distractions from it. “Are... kya hai, Sharon… Bas ek party hi hai…” Simmi held her hands. “Please, Sharon… Please…” she begged. “Okay… Agar sab aayenge toh mein bi aaungi…” Sharon declared. “Sab ayenge toh hi…” She stressed. “Ab tum log sun liya na… Hum jaayenge” Simmi ordered to other girls as if they listened or took her orders. Girls argued among them as Sharon had two minds about everything. She wanted to be alone.

As Sharon turned to leave, she caught Rey watching her with a disappointed look. He didn’t go behind Swayam because he taught Sharon needed him, as some stranger was lurking in her space. But to his shock, she simply obeyed everything the guy asked for. And that made Rey really dishearten. He shrugged and retreated leaving her on her own.

******

Taani was very excited for the day as she would leave for Kashmir tonight. Her mood was on full swing. She smiled happily as she passed the corridors of the college remembering many memories of her with Rey related to the place. It was already three days, he had gone. Due to network issues, they could neither connect on phone nor even face time. And she missed him, literally. Her smile faded as she encountered a scene in front of her.

“Apna muh kabhi deka hai kya?” a random student argued with Bharath. “Saale… Mujhe gaali dega tu” Bharath was about to punch him but only to be stopped by Amar. “chodna Amar… Isko aaj uska nani ka yaad diladunga” Bharath tried to get rid of Amar’s hold on him. But he held tight. “Tu kya karega mujhe… Pehle tujhe sharam hona chahiye… Tum aur tumhara ye lukanat dost ko dance team se bahar nikala gaya hai...” The random guy laughed. “Hey…” Now Amar moved into his face, leaving bharath to fall on his foot. “Abe ungli neeche kar, takla… Teek se bolna tak nahi aata… Aur ayi ho badi ungli dikane ke liye…  Jao… jaake waha kone mein bait ke roao…” the guy laughed on him, along with many others. Amar’s face exhausted as people around the corridor laughed on them. Bharath’s face went in shame as the guy had trigged the weakest moment of their life.

Taani felt really dejected seeing people mocking them for all the pain they were going through. She had observed both of them being very distant from everything in these past three days. She felt bad for them. They were Rey’s friends. Irrespective of their behavior with her in the past, she had a soft corner for them. Mainly because they were Rey’s family which in turn made them as her family as well! She bounced on her heels to smack the pride of the random guy’s face. But only to freeze as Amar punched the guy’s nose.