[43]

Dedicated to simp4sophie, although she still can't decide if she wants Rema or Darnell :)

Trigger warning: excessive cussing, use of drugs and mention of addiction.

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE:

43: ~Darnell's Pov~

Two weeks later:

"THAT'S F*CKING NOT HAPPENING DAD!!!"

"Don't test me, Dan, you're obviously still struggling with your anger management, YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE THERAPY CLASSES! Obviously rehab for nine months wasn't enough to solve all your issues."

"WELL I WONDER WHERE I GET MY EFFED UP ATTITUDE FROM YUNNO!"

I never saw his hand move because my eyes blinked the same moment I felt the blow.

"Dad! STOP!" Danica shouted as she rushed towards me and held unto my arm but instead of finding it comforting, her loud sobs were getting on my nerves even more.

"Watch your tongue, Dan, I'll destroy you, I was once your age, you're going to therapy and that's final!" He glared at me.

"Dad please that's enough." Danica tried to intervene since she was the only one in the family who could push his nice-buttons.

The truth is; my little sister actually cares about me and I would do anything to protect her from the animal we call a male parent.

"Stay back Anika, I'm fine."

"If you want what's good for your brother, advice him, Anika. I'll be back soon."

The moment he stepped out, Anika muttered some foul cusses under her breath then returned her attention back to my bruised cheek, that old man's jewelry had peeled off some of my beautiful skin.

"Let me have a look at your fa-"

I slapped her hand away, "I said, I am fine!"

I just need my Prozac.

"Darnell please hear me out, anger management therapy might not be that bad, who kn-" Danica called out behind me as I tried to flee the depressing atmosphere closing in on me.

"Not one more word about it Anika! The only way I'm going to anger management therapy is if he drags my dead body there."

I shoved my bedroom door open and went straight to scattering my drawers. My drugs have to be somewhere nearby.

I was slowly slowly loosing my mind and the more I was trying to concentrate on my Mom's calm voice telling me to relax and breath like she always does, it was getting worse, I needed my antidepressant asap.

My mind kept screaming: Break something! Break something! Break something!

But I promised Mom I was getting better at my anger management.

You promised her a lot of things little Dan- Damn my sick mind!

F*CK! STOP HIDING, MOTHERF*CKING ANTIDEPRESSANT!
WHERE ARE YOU???
GOSHHH TELL ME MOM DIDN'T MOVE THEM AGAIN!!!
I NEED MY PILLS PLEASE...

My eyes were burning hot, I didn't need to look in the mirror to know they were bloodshot. That same moment as I kept rummaging through my things I felt a tear escape my left eye.

Damn these pills!!!

Why do belongings always go missing at the worst times?

Suddenly a translucent rubber bottle of ecstasy tumbled out of my drawer and unto the floor, bouncing a couple of times and drawing my attention.