[42]

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO:

42: ~Kiara's Pov~

Jakob was absent from school, of course I noticed even if he really hurt my feelings, I guess I still care about him which makes me feel totally stupid to admit. Someone tell me it's a dream that my magic twenty-seven months is over, just like that? Reality keeps hitting me with this crazy blows, I need a new armor guys.

"Still overthinking over your 'Cariño'?" Milan teased, air-quoting my nickname for Jakob as we walked to the parking lot.

I gave him a death glare, "Stop, Milan."

"Okay sorry but seriously chill out, I thought you were ove-"

"You don't exactly just get over twenty-seven months in two weeks, Milan!" My voice added volume.

Milan sighed and gave me an apologetic look. I just rolled my eyes and gripped my school bag tighter.

"Hey loosen up, everyone goes through this." He tried to brighten my mood. "On the brighter side I think I saw Mariposa today."

"Who's that? Another one of your numerous girlfriends?"

He held his chest and gave a dramatic gasp then with a dull expression he said, "The female Hunter sibling."

"Oh, if Jakob is not in school who's going to drive her home?"

I was about to dial her number when my ringtone began blaring into the atmosphere... Speak of the devil.

I answered it immediately. "Hey sweet girl, you need a ride right? Cool, I'm heading to the car right now and maybe we'll go over to Kelsie's because there's actually something I have to tell you about."

"Should I be scared?" Marie asked over the line.

I gave a nervous laugh, "I can't make any promises."

"You got this, Cara Mia, see you tomorrow." Milan said immediately the call ended.

"Thanks Milan, bye."

Please my guy friend is sweet, you can't tell me you don't like Milan.

~ ~ ~

I pulled up in the parking lot of Kelsie's Diner. After switching off my engine, Marina and I got into the building and settled into a Booth at the far left end of the Diner. We both ordered vanilla and strawberry sundaes with whipped cream and sprinkles topping.

"So what did you want to tell me about?" Marie asked, scooping vanilla sundae into her small mouth.

I wonder who is gonna be the lucky guy to be the first to kiss those adorable baby lips she has. Obviously, Jakob was my first kiss.

"We'll get to that, how's Jakob? He wasn't in school today."

"I guess the entire SLake noticed that well he got into a fight with Liam yesterday and he's suspended... Indefinitely. He didn't tell you?"

It was more he can't tell me because I blocked on everything. Before you consider dragging me, listen to the story. This whole thing just got harder, I mean I brought Marie here to explain everything and hopefully feel better about myself but mann... I just scooped some cream into my mouth for extra mental support.

I sighed heavily and dropped the bomb, "Jakob and I are on a break."

A break? I am such a liar. It was a break up. A real one. Jakob and I broke up. I broke up with him.

As the words left my mouth followed by a heavy exhale, I felt my eyes water.

You're such an emotional twerp Kiara, eww. My subconscious scolded. I'm not crazy it's just this mind things.