[35]

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE:

35: ~Marina's Pov~

Another wonderful day in hell.

I really really need a break and some hard shots of espresso to be able to deal with the last wave of this semester. The other day I'd studied for forty-five minutes and I hibernated for two days. School is tasking even for us with the good grades and now that Darnell has been added to the equation... Oh dear God– can I even go twenty minutes without thinking about him? The boy was stuck in my head and I'll be honest, I can't wait to kiss him again.

You were just with him a few hours ago. My subconscious reminded me.

Still–

I slammed my locker shut and was about to begin the dreadful journey to Mr George's class when Bodie cornered me and stopped my getaway. I paused and shook my head at him impatiently.

"Marietta!" He greeted me with some enthusiasm, "My drinks offer at the Japanese themed bar is still standing..."

"Give it a seat and have it sit down or something, unless you want Darnell on your tail?"

He's in my head. Is it too late to work on getting him out? Maybe a kiss might help? I blushed at the thought.

Bodie dramatically placed a hand to his chest and shrieked, "OMG, he's so dangerous, I'm so scared of him."

I laughed and kept walking, "Haha."

"Just know the offer is gonna keep standing eitherways, see you in English!" He waved me and weaved his way through the crowd in seconds.

I wonder why I never bump into Darnell in the hallway or see me in the mornings, on school days we mostly see in class and at lunch, and we have just three classes in common; English, algebra and biology. I made a left turn to the corridor were SLake clubs, theatre hall and the SLake publication were situated, for some weird reason algebra class was in this part.

My head was in clouds as I hummed honeymoon fades by Sabrina carpenter but I fell down to earth when I bumped into someone and both our stuff went downward sailing.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! CAN'T YOU SEE WHERE YOU'RE GOING?" The being shrieked.

I was about to be polite and help pick both our stuff and apologize but what the tack?

"Okay I'm sorry but you're equally as blind and the sound of your shrill voice will hunt me to the grave!" I served back.

We both looked at each other now.

A girl. A black girl.

The last time I spoke to a black girl was in seventh grade, basically the first friend I made in middle school; Amaya but I called her 'May' until she left our school and I never had any girly friends again and SLake girls didn't make it any better. It's safe to say I love them black or mixed niggas, their skin color– perfect melanin– their curly hair, their vibes, the way they speak, their vibe and their vibe. The one standing before me had tired frustrated black orbs, black curly hair that was tied at the nape of her neck with two bangs bouncing around her face, she was wearing a black dungaree and white long sleeved turtle neck.

"Marina Hunter?" The girl asked and her eyes sparkled.

I was used to students feeling elated and blessed whenever they came in contact with me but I didn't have to deal with the trouble of being disturbed physically because majority of the students know my name but don't know me as a person because I'm not really obnoxious about my little fame.

"Yeah that's me... Bad day?" I decided to warm up to her.

"I'm sorry if I came off as rude, but yeah terrible day, the worst infact, the scoop needs more members, funding and attention from SLake but then vice principal Webster wants me to get a petition signed first and it's so so overwhelming, oh my God, I am rambling. I'm Cosma– Cosma Blake, deputy editor, Silver Lake Scoop!" The girl blabbered on and held out her hand which I shook with a small smile.

She seemed nice but for all her rambling, she didn't seem like the timid type, and I liked it.

"Hey, you got this! Just calm down and breathe... May I have a look at your petition?" I smiled.

Cosma crouched low to pick up our scattered books, she handed me mine with a tab which I figured was the alleged petition. I took out my pen and signed on it.

"So how many more signatures are we looking at?" I asked as I handed the note tab back to her.

She shrugged, "At least a hundred!"

I pouted, "How many students come into the cafeteria during lunch? All we have to do is be there early, stand at the door and have everyone sign before they can go get their food, might take the whole break but it'd be worth it."

Her mouth dropped open and she stared at me like she was bewildered, "We?"

I chuckled, "Yes, I mean unless you have other plans on how to get it done?"

She smiled mischievously, "The Marina Hunter just offered to spend her lunch break helping me get some dumb signatures for a boring petition? It's got to be my lucky day."

Her beaming was contagious and I couldn't stop smiling. I was impressed with her charisma and she had this really nice aura.

"And are you on your way to Mr George's class? He's not in school today, his son is an eighth grader and has a big game today." She told me.

FREE PERIOD!!!! My soul was screaming for joy. Finally.

"How come I didn't hear about it?"

She laughed softly, "You're never on the forum, asides from all the gossip, it's kind of useful."

"I see, since I have a free period and I'm guessing you're free too, how about we go make and print some posters and paste them around school, so once it's lunch time, students interested can apply to be members." I suggested.

"Wow! Vote Marina Hunter for student body president! That's one campaign–"

"Uh uh, that's not happening."

"Don't dare me girl, I can get a petition!"

"Threatening!" I laughed, "Come on, we've got some work on our hands."

Why was I offering to help so easily? Well like I said I like black people and I think we hit it off pretty well plus she reminds me of Amaya. I'm not saying she's gonna be my friend or anything serious, well I don't know, I might never come across or notice her after today so don't get too excited.

~ ~ ~
A/N: yay, who guessed it was a girl? Please vote and comment, do you like Cosma? OtG is heading somewhere just be patient with me, the backstory would take you by surprise, next chapter is POV change, comment guesses. See you in thirty-six.
TheShadyButterfly🦋.