[15]

FROSTY FIFTEEN:

~Marina's Pov~

"This is my new project partner, Marina." Daneley introduced me to Jason.

Jason and I shared a look and burst into laughter while Daneley stared between us in confusion.

"Did you guys already know each other?" She asked as her lovely eyes danced between us.

"Nope! Nice to meet you, Marina." Jason said and stretched his hand.

I took it firmly and replied, "And you too, Fuzzy."

"Okay now I feel like a fool." Daneley didn't look jittery anymore.

Well making Jason's flings feel like fools was something we both took pleasure in, although it was more for me because I kinda have feelings for him now, but what I liked the most is how we just connected like the last few when we were barely seeing each other didn't exist, it was heartwarming.

"Where are my manners? I'm the one supposed to do the introductions. Daneley, meet my bestfriend, Marina." Jason said and gestured between us.

And for the first time in two weeks that word 'bestfriend' didn't prick my heart, instead it made me gloat deep inside, you know? Like Jason is proud to have me as his bestfriend. I mean, even though we were both popular, it was something being the only real girlfriend of a Playboy who was also tagged the prettiest boy at SLake.

Daneley's eyes grew wide then, "She's your bestfriend? How didn't I know?"

Before Jason could blurt out something stupid and embarrass the poor girl even further, I saved the day...

"Uhm you know, we keep our friendship really low-key." I said and tossed a hand in the air while Jason nodded in agreement.

"Hold on! Wait–" Daneley mused like she just had a golden realization, "You're the Marina Hunter? Like basketball team captain's sister? Oh my gosh!! I feel so stupid, it's really an honor to be your project partner, you can't even begin to imagine." She added with a beaming appreciative smile.

Well fan action was something I finally got used to after a while, I was a low-key person and most times students come across me and don't even know it's me. Probably because they expect to see or meet and extravagant, boastful, proud and obnoxious teenage girl but I wasn't all that.

"You're welcome?" I tried my best not to sound like a cynical or self conceited person.

"Anyways Jason, I would be spending my lunch with Daneley, so run along now and tell Kee and Jake I said 'hi'." I readily dismissed Jason before the conversation got awkward.

He hugged me lightly and then shot a lascivious wink at Daneley which made her blush before leaving us to ourselves again.

"So where were we?"

"Grabbing lunch!" Daneley said with a fist-to-palm bump.

Lunch with Daneley was over in the blink of an eye, and suffice to say, it wasn't so bad afterall, besides it's not like I'm going to be stuck with her forever, once the project is done, if she doesn't stay away from me, I'll take it upon myself to avoid her. Simple.

Well our conversation over lunch was pretty basic, nothing out of the ordinary, too deep or personal was asked about or discussed, Daneley only made a sport of asking me what literally every student would like to know about Marina Hunter, stuff about my dating situation, hobbies, favorite school subject and stuff.  I'm pretty sure she would have asked about my first kiss but thankfully lunch time was over before that happened, also she didn't hide or deny her feelings for Jason which made me even more sad for her because by the Jason breaks her heart– which is going to be in a few weeks– it would be the end of her once upon a time.