[11]

ICE-CREAM ELEVEN:

~Marina's Pov~

"See you at school tomorrow." I waved Jason as I strolled towards the front door pulling my travel box along with me.

We were back at Palm Springs, Silver Lake. It already felt like back to Marina's boring life.

"Marina, sure you're not forgetting something?" Jason asked with his arms wide spread.

Oh.

I grinned and went carelessly into his waiting arms, He squeezed me tightly making utter a soft laughter.

"I had a fun week." Jason smiled down at me as he toyed with my hair between his fingers.

"Me too Fuzzy, you better get going before Tiffany starts calling..." I turned him around in the direction of his car, "Hey that rhymed!" I chuckled to myself.

Tipping his imaginary hat, Jason got in the driver's seat and drove away while I stood in my driveway smiling helplessly to myself. Humming Endlessly by Alina Baraz, I bounded into the house happily hoping to see Topaz then remembering her present fate.

Oh my sweet little Topaz. I thought while wiping imaginary tears.

"Hey, you're back!" A gruff voice bellowed as I walked passed the turn that led into the living room.

I smiled and spun around, "I am!"

"Come sit with me, Marie."

"Oh no Dad, I just got back and I'd like to go rest in my bedroom." I rolled my eyes dramatically pointing towards the stairs in the corridor where I stood.

"Okay well, I might as well keep the keys to myself."

Wait... Keys?

A not-so-cynical smile tugged at my lips with my growing interest, "What keys?"

"Oh no Marie, I just got back and I'd like to go rest in my bedroom." He mimicked me with a high pitched tone.

"Dad!"

"I was just kidding, there's no keys." He laughed softly at my disappointed expression, "Yet." He added mischievously.

I pouted, "What do you mean, yet?"

"Another driver's test this weekend? If you pass, I'll get you whatever car you want."

My eyes grew wide with surprise, was he somehow able to read my mind, back in Santa Monica, I had said when I get back I was going to take the driver's test again to conquer my driving phobia and prove everyone especially Jason and Jakob wrong about Marina's driving skills.

I squealed, "Dad you better not be joking."

"When am I not serious?"

"Thank you Dad, thank you thank you thank you!" I rejoiced as I jumped onto him where he sat on the black sofa.

"If you kill me now, no one's going to get you a car."