[39]

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE:

39: ~Marina's Pov~

Forgive me, Mom and Dad, I promise I'm still the responsible little girl you guys raised but opportunity knocks once and temptation sure as hell leans on that door knob.

I looked from the helmet to the blonde boy, "You're a bad influence."

He chuckled and placed a hand to his heart, "Gee thanks, totally my first time hearing that."

I rolled my eyes. We'd better get going before someone sees us and we make the Scoop's next headlines especially now that the deputy editor and I have got some bad blood between us.

"So where are we headed?" I asked.

"I left the options to you but since you've got nothing, let's just see where the wind takes us. Come on." Curtis said to me as he revved his bike engine a couple times.

After securing my helmet, I got in behind him and wrapped my small hands around his torso, steeling myself inwardly for the ride. I've never ridden on a power bike before but from what I see on TV, it's usually this thrilling action, so I guess I'm living life.

Hey mental Siri, play: Better by Khalid.

My mind stereo synced with the ride as thoughts of Jason flashed in my mind.

I miss you in my life, Jason Kuyper.

Enough of that Marie, you're with Curtis King now, have a good time.

Okay mind, now can we go back to singing?

Some minutes later we came to a stop in the premises of some fancy building; MOVIE PARADISE; the big neon letters overhead the building read.

I gasped. I was weirdly overly excited, it was definitely my first time here because I'd usually binge watch movies alone– or with Topaz at times– on my couch. Movie Paradise had to be the biggest movie cinema in all Silver Lake, I'm talking the tickets always sells off in minutes so there was no such thing as buying your movie tickets on the premises.

"If you keep daydreaming, we'll miss the whole show." Curtis said and I realized I was still holding unto him.

Mortified, I took my hands away and got off his bike, thankful for the helmet that he couldn't see my facial expressions. But that didn't last long because he pulled it off my head himself.

I cleared my throat, "What movie is on today?"

"Not sure, maybe Riverdale or To All The Boys..."

Betty and Jughead or Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky... I'm sold!

"But we don't have tickets either and last I heard the tickets here always sold out in seconds!" I snapped my fingers to emphasize my point.

Curtis placed his hands on my shoulders, "Have some faith, little lady, I have a guy on the inside, he likes to reserve some tickets for late buyers, definitely because he gets tipped, the pauper calls himself Chase, a good friend of mine need I mention."

"You're rambling." I giggled as He lead me through the tinted glass doors of Movie Paradise.

"Wait here a second, I'll be back." Curtis said and wandered off leaving me to admire the interior beauty of this paradise.