It's A Boy!

Lily laughed with joy, she held on to Ethans hand when the Doctor told them the gender, "It's a boy, Ethan, a boy, I better start thinking of names," Lily tapped her chin, "Hmm..what about Conner."

        Ethan smiled at Lily, "congratulations, Tulip," He said emotionally kissing Lily's hand. He loved sharing this moments with her, if her brother wasn't willing to be here with her he was.

        The Doctor finished the ultrasound and handed pictures of the baby to Lily as Ethan helped Lily up off the bed and tucked her hair behind her ear, "Should we go celebrate Tulip, anywhere you want go, I'll take you," Ethan said.

        Lily tapped her chin with her finger, "Anywhere," her eyes were bright with excitment.

        Ethan chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his neck, "Anywhere ,Tulip."

        She took his arm, "Come on Mr Miller, times a wasting, we have things to see and places to go, take out your phone and call your secretary, cancel the rest of your day, because we are spending the entire day with me."

        Ethan laughed at her enthusiasm, "no problem Mrs. Miller, slow down," he said as she hurried him, " you have a baby on board."

        It was mid May and the weather was nice and warm, the grass was turning green and flowers were budding all over the place.

        "This way, hurry, Ethan," she said impatiently, she stood behind him put both palms on him back and pushed him forward.

        Ethan laughed and walked faster, Lily clung and tugged at his arm, telling him where to go, they stood at the entrance of the fair grounds, they stopped at every food vendor.

        Lily said she had to have the mini donuts, and the funnel cake, and those giant foot long corn dogs, and cheese curds were the best here, after that she went after the sweets, the cotton candy, churros and candy apples.

        They walked around and played a few of games, Ethan laughed at what bad coordination she had, she pouted and stomped her feet and tried again.

"I'll get it this time," she said.

        "Let me try," Lily reluctantly handed over the darts to Ethan.

        "I want that teddy bear, she pointed at the teddy bear, Its for the Jakes nursery. Jake, Jake," she said trying the name out, she shook her head, "nope your not a Jake," she looked down at her belly patting it.

        Lily squealed and jumped as they handed her the teddy bear.

        She held it up to show Ethan, look, Lance loves it already," she shook her head, "nope, absolutely not a Lance."

        Ethan chuckled, "come on Tulip, I'm sure you'll pick the perfect name."

        They walked around the fair grounds and played a couple of more games, Lily shuffled her feet in disappointment, she couldn't get on any rides.

        Ethan looked around, "how about the merry-go-round, we can sit on one of those benches in the ride."

        Lilly nodded excitedly and pulled Ethan towards it, "what do you think, Alexander, she patted her belly again," she gasped, "he kicked," she quickly took Ethans hand and put it on her belly, "feel that," she grinned at Ethan, "he likes Alexander."

        Ethan felt the baby in her belly kick, Ethan removed his hand when the baby stopped kicking.

        It was getting late and the sun was beginning to set already, the lights began to turn on the lights. They really had spent all day together, Its was loud and crowded but it seemed to be what Lily needed. It had been a the distraction she needed at the moment.