Final Chapter

"Goode morning my prince, Happy Birthday, Alex, you turn two today." Lily chatted with Alex as she changed his diaper and got him ready for the day, "We are going to the zoo today, we are going to have so much fun with Ethan, aren't we baby."

        Alexander looked at his mother and clapped happily, "Daddy."

        Lily's heart ached, "I wish he was your daddy, baby, I'm sorry your daddy's not here," Lily said sadly.

        Ethan walked up behind her, hugged her and kissed the back of her head, "he will never ache for a dad, he has me, I'll be his dad, and I'll always be here for both of you." Ethan held on to her tightly.

        Lily froze for a second then leaned back on him, "I know, I love you Ethan."

        "I love you, Tulip." Ethan responded.

        "Daddy, daddy, carry." Alex waved his arms waiting for Ethan to pick him up.

        Ethan picked up Alex and kissed his forehead, "It's the birthday boy, are you ready to go to the zoo? We are going to see all kids of animals. What do you think if we sit here and look at your book while mommy gets ready," Ethan grabbed the book and sat with Alex in the rocking chair while Lily finished getting ready.

        They spent most of the day at the zoo looking at all the animal, they laughed and had fun while Alex clapped with delight as they entered the petting zoo, Ethan held him when they petted the baby lambs, they had lunch at the consignment stands and ate snow cones and cotton candy while they looked at the penguins and the other aquatic animals.

        Alexander was exhausted by the time the got to the car, he slept in his car seat on the way home, even Lily dozed off. Ethan held her hand while she slept. Lily woke up when they pulled into the drive way.

        "Dillon," she said when she saw the car parked in her driveway.

        "I'll get Alex, go ahead," Ethan said.

        She leaned over and kissed him before she got out of he car.

        Lily walked into the house, she was greeted by Dillon.

        He hugged and kissed her as soon and she shut the door.

        "Dillon," she stepped back, "It's been a while."

        "Lily, lets talk, I'm ready to come home, we can work this out, I want us to try again," Dillon tried to grab her hand.

        Lily looked at him in shock and and pulled her hand away, "I'm sorry Dillon, but I've moved on, you've been gone for over a year, you know I'm with Ethan. Does Jessica know about this? Are you guys having problems ?"

        "Right, Jessica, yeah, we aren't getting along right now," Dillon looked at her sheepishly.

        "Do you think I am here for your disposal, that if you argue with Jessica you can come here to me and I'll just be here whenever you want. You want to try because you had a fight with her." Lily took a deep breath," Look the last time I saw you I asked for a divorce, which you were more than ready to give to me, but you left before we could agree on anything," Lily said as she walked to the dinning room, she opened the drawer and took out the papers she had been waiting a year to give to him, grabbing the pen she handed it to Dillon, "sign them, i want sole custody of Alex, you aren't his father and you've never tried to be. He doesn't know you, you have seen him once in two years. There is nothing left between us." Lily put the papers on the table and put the pen in his hand.

        "But Lily," Dillon protested.

        "There are no buts, Dillon," Lily said.

        "Your right, Lily May," Dillon looked at the papers and signed them, taking the house keys out of his pocket, he lay them on top of the signed divorce papers.