Life Choices

+++Enjoy, vote, share and comment+++

Dillon walked down the road of the new city he wanted to explore, he decided to sit outside on a bench while he sketched the beautiful scenery. He had been traveling nonstop for the past few months, drawing and sketching as many things as he could. This is who he was, he needed to be free and do as he wished. He didn't want to be stuck in a dead end job and that routine life of work and coming home to all thos expectation of being a son, brother, husband and a father. He wanted to see the world and he wanted to show other people the world through his art theme way] th at home saw it. Traveling for him had been the best decision and he believed that Lily understood that, he loved her and was the only one that supported him and his dream. His phone rang but he didn't pick up, it was Lily, the phone dinged, she left a voicemail. He wasn't ready to talk to anyone right now, not Jessica and not Lily. He had gone to see Jessica a couple of month back, he couldn't t sum up the courage to see Lily. He knew she was hurting, but he knew that Ethan was there for her, he knew why he had stoped going over for play dates when they were younger, he saw the love he had for Lily, his eyes twinkled every time he was around her, he smiled and laughed more when she was around. Maybe no one else noticed but he saw the flash of pain when we announced our engagement. Dillon felt guilt, he loved his brother and he felt guilty, for being with Lily seeing how much Ethan loved her. It was better if he stayed away, he saw how close they were becoming, maybe he would be ready soon, maybe Ethan would confess his love to her soon.

"Hey Dillon, how are you? Well, I hope. I just wanted to let you that I'm due any day now. I don't know if you are planing on being here when the baby is born," she paused, "just call me to let me know how your doing. Take care. I love you, Dillon."

       Dillon listened to the voice mail again, she was fine, he talked to Ethan a few days ago, he told him, he was watching after her, not to worry about her. It wasn't time for him to go home yet. He smiled to himself.

        "Ethan, hurry, I want to see the nursery. I"m ready to pop already," Lily peeked in the room, Ethan finally finished painting the last corner of the room.

        "Tulip, it won't be done today, the paint need to dry, get out of here, I don't want you smelling the pain." He said to her sternly.

        Lily whined and walked back to the living room, stretched out on the couch to rest.

        Ethan walked in, "I'll come over tomorrow to arrange the furniture and I'll also hang up the letters of his name, we can't do anything else today because of the wet paint."

        Lily sighted exasperated, "we have to wait another whole day. I'm tired, my feet hurt, I'm so hungry and I'm frustrated in more ways that one." She pouted closed her eyes and leaned her head back.

        Ethan lifted Lily's feet and put them on her lap, he started massaging them, "How about we order some pizza with pineapple, think crust just how you like it?

        "You don't have to do that, Ethan. But yes to the pizza," Lily tried to pull her feet away.

        Ethan held on to her feet firmly, "let me do it, your doing all this on your own, this is one of the few things I can do for you."

        "What are you talking about? You have been here for me through the whole pregnancy, more than anyone has not just now but even back when we were young, you used to walk me back home to make sure I got home safe when I went over to play with Dillon, even though we lived next door to each other. And, now, from going with me grocery shopping to my OBGYN appointments. You got Alexanders nursery ready for him. I know Dillon won't be here when Alexander is born, he won't even return my calls." Lily was crying at this point.