Letting Go

+++Enjoy, comment , vote, and share+++

        Lily lay naked in her bed, she knew she had to get up and take a shower, she had to eat, not so much for her but for her baby, she couldn't afford to mope around.

        Even so she still spent the next couple of days moping around not wanting to do anything but cry and eat.

        Lily put on her sweatpants and sweater, the weather was warm during the day, but still a bit chilly at night. She stepped out into the sidewalk and made her way down the to her car.

        "Tulip," Ethen called and ran over to her.

        Lilly turned around, "Ethan, hi."

        "I haven't seen you in a couple days, I came by yesterday but you didn't answer the door," he saw the keys in her hand, "Where you off to at this hour Tulip?" Ethan asked.

        "I am need to pick up a few groceries an Alexander really wants some watermelon, so off I go, see you later," Lily turned to leave."

        Ethan stopped her by grabbing her arm, his heart ached when he saw her like this, she looked like she had been crying and she had dark circles under her eyes, he could see she wasn't sleeping well, "Where is he? I haven't seen his car in a while. Why isn't he here to take care of you?"

        "Well, he's you know, your brother," she tucked her hair behind her ear and gave Ethan a sad smile, "he's a free spirit and we decided that he could go you know pursue his passion." Lilly looked down at her hands and played with the keys in her hand, she had practiced this many times, what she would say, but her lip trembled and her voice shook, she pulled her arm out of Ethans grip and walked back towards the house. She though she was done crying.

        "Tulip wait," he said in a stern voice.

        She froze, she didn't know why, she shock her head wiped her tears with her sleeve as she stood there frozen.

        He softened his tone, "Lets go get that watermelon, put your keys away, I'll drive." Ethan said.

        Lily didn't move, "I don't want to talk about it, right now," she said.

        "Ok, come on lets go," Ethan said firmly again.

        Lily scurried to Ethans car hiding her face with her hair.

        Ethan smiled, as he watched her make her way to the car, she was starting to waddle, her belly looked bigger since he hadn't seen her in a few day.

        He got in the car and drove them to the grocery store.

        Lily took a small cart and smiled at Ethan, you don't mind if I get a few things, i don't have anymore groceries at home."

        "Sure thing Tulip, you both need to eat," Ethan said as he gazed down at her belly.

        First thing she made sure to grab was the watermelon, after that she made her way down the isles just getting enough to last her a few days, since Dillon was gone.

        Back home, Ethan cut the watermelon while Lily put the groceries away, he watched her as she moved around the kitchen, wondering where had Dillon gone to now.

        He cut a few pieces and diced it up for her, Lily's eyes shined and her mouth watered when she lay her eyes on the juicy watermelon.

        She sat on the stool on the counter next to Ethan, she smiled at him and pushed the plate towards him a little, "Have some, we can share, I won't finish it all."