Chapter 43 | Corrupted Memories

Start from the beginning

Cupping her cheeks, I crouched down to her level. "Anything you want Clara, it's yours. If you don't want to stay here, then so be it. Just say the word and I'll make whatever you want happen."

"Thank you," she said, resting her forehead against mine, the tingles from her touch calming me, keeping my wolf at bay.

"I will never let anything like that happen to you again. Ever," I promised, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her damp body to my chest, not caring that her hair was now soaking through my T-shirt.

"How is Matthew?"

I shrugged, shaking my head slightly. "Confused. Some things he remembers and other things he just comes up blank. The doctors are unsure whether his memories will come back over time or not, but we can only wait and see."

Clara nodded, settling herself down on the end of the bed, sighing.

"Come on, let's get your dressed. Someone is downstairs waiting for you."

After I had brushed through Clara's hair, and she had dressed herself in a pair of black leggings and one of my oversized hoodies, she took my hand, padding down the stairs slowly, her face lighting up as she turned the corner.

"Dean," she whispered, smiling.

"Hello princess," he chuckled, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her in for a hug, causing me to stiffen at her side slightly, but I controlled my breathing, reminding myself of how my cousin has saved Clara's life.

"I was worried you were going to leave," my mate said, perching herself down on the sofa.

"Not this time. I think I'm here for good," spoke Dean, gazing at me with a raised brow, a smirk playing at his lips.

"You're staying?" asked my mate, looking over at me.

"Yeah, he's staying," I replied, rolling my eyes, laughing. "I'm going to make you some food Clara."

Dean and Clara watched as I made my way over to the refrigerator, pulling out some ingredients for a pasta dish, getting to work chopping the tomatoes.

"I haven't had a chance to thank you," said Clara, sighing heavily.

"Well, you've been asleep for three days straight," he replied, causing me to pause.

"Dean," I warned him, my voice low.

"Yeah, so, anyway, what about the pack, huh? You're finally going to become a Luna."

"Yeah, I'm nervous," replied Clara, making her way over to the stool in front of me at the counter which caused me to smirk to myself, knowing full well she had moved because she wanted to be closer to me.

"You don't have to worry. Big Alpha boy will sort everything out with the pack," announced my cousin, patting me on the back, rolling his eyes as I scowled at him.

"I want to be involved. I don't want to just sit around," replied Clara, chewing on her thumb nail.

"You can be involved with as much or as little as you want, baby."

"Well, you guys are kind of going to make me puke with these pet names, so I'm going to set off on a run, but Clara, in all seriousness, I'm very relieved you're okay," said Dean, sighing, running his hands through his dark messy hair, flashing us a quick smile  before making his way out of the door. 

"Sorry, he doesn't ever stick around for long. He's not good with emotional stuff," I said, which caused my mate to smile sadly.

"It's okay. I just wanted to thank him."