22nd of May, year XXXX Time: 14:32-15:01

Start from the beginning

"You can't do that, bratty Mike." Alex rolled his eyes whilst Phil clicked his tongue. "Now that we agreed to your first term, let's go to Canada." The former whispered to the  one being carried. "No, not today. Too tired." he whispered back before nuzzling in his enemy's neck.

Well, former enemy and now boss. "You think this is good?" Gaea asked, the eyes of Philip still boring holes to the one she's speaking to. Michael hummed and Alex just nodded. "Let them out, if you see anything suspicious about them, oppress it." And so he left.

"Hey, hey! Wait a minute, you piece of hot shit!" the former soldier yelled, running towards Alex so that she could punch him and take Michael back to them. Unfortunately, Gaea stopped her with an elongated arm, giving a hard right hook and following it up by holding her up the shoulders and the groin and immediately slammed her down.

"Don't even try." she warned, finally leaving and reminding them that they can leave the room now. Still dazed at what happened, she sat up, back hurting. "She could've broken my spine." She grumbled, failing to fully stand up before being carried by Nathan.

"Who is she?" John asked, tired and out of his wits. "Gaea. Well, at least that's what she's called by Mike, the asshole."

"Just remember. Don't fuck with the people who calls themselves by Greek gods' names." Philip pulled out a cigar to smoke it.

"Why?" Nathan pulled her arm into his shoulder, legs shaking because of the shift of weight.

"Because their ego is so high that even narcissistic people would be put to shame." he answered, puffing out some smokes. "Unless of course that idiot would find someone else he knew."

"Is that going to be a recurring thing he'll do? He's done it like thrice this time." Diane groaned out. "Only here will that happen, the rest are dead anyways." was the reply she got. John walked out to test if it was fine and open.

Surprisingly enough, there's no one outside waiting for them, save for a few passers in the building. The sun still was so bright and hot, it made him whimper. "Too hot." he murmured to himself before going to a shaded area, waiting for the rest.

Before they went to the outside world once more, Diane remembered something. "Right, I forgot."

"Hm?" Nathan hummed, adding "What is it?"

"Our goal was to find more people, we found two randomly in a demolished town."

"Do you even know where they are?"

"Not right now," she paused, arm shielding from the powerful light. "We got caught near the forest near here, since we got caught in their protocols. Shouldn't be far. The problem is on how far the two people we met are right now," She took a breather before continuing with "Especially if they went back to their base."

Pausing for a moment, John raised his head. "Did you two make a hint on where you were before you got caught?"

"Well... There was a thread we used so that they could follow us if they wanted. Ended at the building near the forest." 

"We go there at 4, I'll have to tell Michael about this."

"And why couldn't we go, Philip?" The doctor's head tilted, hands on his pocket.

"I didn't say such a thing. You could go with if you want, but if you don't, that's your problem." he puffed out, fully relaxed yet on guard. "The problem is that bastard boss he was with."

"You know what, let's make a plan before we fuck up." Diane suggested and all of them agreed because why would you blindly go out there when there's patrol going.

"Hope we don't die." guffawed Philip, going with the moving group, giddy no doubt. And by god they were burning from the heat.

{A/n}? Wait a minute, why's this here? What the fuck does it say...

{This is the shortest chapter in the book for now, incredibly rushed as you can tell but it's short because how do you elongate this without blue-balling someone for dramatic effect? I digress, hope you like this gift, you people who read the recent chapters first or the one who went up to this chapter.

Still, why and how the hell did you find this obscure book and say "Oh hey, this might be intriguing." I mean, it's not as bad as I think it is, with the confusing plot-lines and all that shit. But still, who reads this book other than me? Feels weird when someone starts reading this.

Still, thanks for reading, random people in the internet. Unless you're a scam, a bot or something similar, then go fuck yourself.}

Uhhh... Weird, but ok. Well then, time to go and be busy with other works. Which book should I read next though... I'll find out anyways.