22nd of May, year XXXX Time: 13:14-13:57

"Fucking finally, we can eat." Barbara asked as to how they even got back within half an hour, her sweat falling to the ground. "Shortcuts, baby!" Roger yelled out, tired as well. "Twenty fucking years from near a city and going back feels so fucking great!"

"No zombies as well! Hallelujah!"

"THANK CHRIST!" Both of them screamed to the heavens above. They laughed together, Barbara finally berating themselves with "Goddamn, are we loud."

"Hey, at least we can eat stale bread."

"Oh hell yeah." she grinned and took a loaf. AND ATE IT! It was so hard to chew, difficult to even rip off. But hey, it's normal within this time. "Ish shtill hewgh ith tashthesh lihke."

"Chew your food, I can't understand what the hell you're talking about."

"FOOHD GHOOD!"

"That's a lie, Barb. I know good bread and that's a fucking lie." he guffawed as she bit as hard as she could. Swallowing the large, stiff thing, she drowned herself in water. "Barb. Barbie. Barbo. Barbara, stop."

"I'M PARCHED, DAMMIT!"

"Well, yeah but ya know, save some for me."

"JUST TAKE ONE THEN, ROGER!" Without even arguing, he indulged with himself the only food he can get (which was oats), rationing the rest. Pouring some few bits of it, he chewed alongside his companion. "We going back there or nah?" Roger asks, eyebrow rising.

"Nope, fuck that shithole. We go shopping."

"You've got any of those caps?"

"Still don't fucking understand why people went for bottle caps." she murmurs, the slight bit of twitch of annoyance showed. Fixing herself up, Barbara munched the last piece of her rations and went to a building, torn mind you. The anvil was stuck there, furnace on the side as well. Bags upon bags of metal scraps were there for recycling, plastic on the other side.

Barbara rummaged for a specific package. The summary of this long ass description of a room that I'm too tired to care about is 'Tool box near nail box has metal caps'. She took it, for later use since she would rather they take upon an empty mall rather than one that has shrewd people in it.

"Let's go."

"Already? I'm still eating and you recently ate." They won't talk about the running. Fucking weird ass cockroaches just had to swarm them... "Secondly, my legs don't work no more."

"Work on your stamina better, then!"

'That's one way to hurt me.' he yawned to himself, stumbling like a fool when he stood and walked. Limping was not ideal, but it might as well be better than passing out. "Goddamn it, fine. We go after I eat." the blacksmith sneered a bit, relaxing afterwards. "Give me a massage after."