22nd of May, year XXXX Time: 12:10-12:38

"Are you alright now, John?" The other in question was sipping his glass of water. "Still traumatized?" The doctor nodded, putting down his glass. 

"Of course will be, Nathan. He hit near a vital part of a body and if I remember, this is his first kill!" Diane surmised, thinking of what she said as fact. Philip was left to his own devices, smoking his cigar. Puffs of the smoke went out of the window opened.

"I mean, yeah he misses the kill most of the kills, so that makes sense." Nathan agreed whilst John drowned out the outside noise. He felt numb as his mind repeats that same scene over and over again.

His thought process wasn't 'Why did I kill him?', no. It was just 'It's one of those days, two of them too.' He started to walk to Philip, tapping on the cigarette box. "Can I have one?" Raising his head, Philip shook his head, laughing. "Doctor, get a match yourself first if you want nicotine." 

The good thing was that it's near the table where the cigarette is. Johnathan dragged one onto his fingers and putting it to his mouth. Grabbing a match from its box, he flicked it o the side of the box. 

He repeated that until the phosphorus started to be in flames. Putting it near his taken cigar, it lit. For a few seconds, he watched the fire swallow the match before setting it out. "Thanks...?"

"Philip." the man puffed out, the smoke going out of his mouth. He turned over his head to look at him straight in the eye. "You're welcome."

"Right." Johnathan leaned on the wall, inhaling before coughing haphazardly. "You alright there?" 

"Dammit... It's been a while." Slouching back, he inhales once more, slightly taking what he could. The smoke on his lips fade after.

"Where's Michael?" he hears Diane ask, Nathan replying "He's still where they took him, maybe. Hopefully, unless he died or moved."

"You sure?"

"Probably, yeah. If he's dead, then we've to escape." Nathan suggested, playing with his fingers. The doctor walked near the door, forcibly closed so that they won't go out. Pulling out his cigar, he wondered "When're we going to leave this damn hellhole." There were still some bits of coughing, but it was short and safe.

He heard footsteps nearing his area, John flinching when a foot lightly kicked him. "You should probably stop. Not good for your health."

"I know that." he sighed, inhaling and exhaling another patch of nicotine. "It's the only thing that de-stress me for now."

"How about the other two?" Philip pointed out, snuffing out his own cigarette by the cement wall. "They're comrades of yours, no?"

"I mean, yeah... But they're focused on Michael's whereabouts and I need to think on how to break this door open." The latter replied with "John, you know that we can't go out with the circumstances."

Raising his brow, he queries "You overheard our conversation?"