22nd of May, year XXXX Time: 11:03-12:06

There, the buzz's frequency was silent but the volume was too much. Oh god, it's too much. What's too much, you may ask? Well, do you remember cockroaches flying? Welcome, to basically hell!

Whilst Barbara was running and laughing, her companion was screaming his lungs out. "How the fuck are you alright with this!"

"I've dealt with bugs! What do you expect from me?!" she replied, giddy with the rush. Going through a straight line was a death trap, going zigzag was worse since some of them are doing that. From the humidity of the area mixed with the sunlight, Barbara dragged Roger to the damn hellscape.

Either the heat of the dead spring will be fine or the crawling, fluttering creeps. They chose the former, in which 'they' mean only the woman that held on her high. "Come on! Don't be a slouch!"

"I... Can't... Take... It." Roger panted, the soil making him get dizzy each passing minute. "Why are we going in the fuckin sun?" bemoaned he, burly hands become heavier than the trees held up by their roots.

"So that half of them will skitter away back to the forest. You know why the fuck we're doing this."

"NO I DON'T! THAT'S WHY I ASKED!" she giggles as the other yells. The greenery wasn't thick, but god fucking damn were the abandoned houses filled up. They paused but some of them continued to flap their wings, papery exoskeletons asunder. Their buzz were of loud, volume similar to a cicada piercing someone's ear out.

"I'm regretting my decisions." Roger let himself looser so that he won't be a baggage. "And by GOD do I want to never go back here!" With that, he ran more and more faster. The roles have reversed for a tad moment until they went back, side to side. "Do you know where you're supposed to go?!"

"NO!" Laughing at their own expense, they made their legs cry as much as it can. There was some change of biome for some reason. No... No, it wasn't biome.  It was the aftereffects of the theorized bomb. Desolate wasteland yet not covered in something dead, it was more torn and disturbing.

"How the hell...?" It was blank. Dust and grey ash covered the land, circling the air. Their constant running slowed down when they were at the center. Turning around, there were only few that remained. The heat was irritating for both of the humans but the bugs were unfazed. 

"It's gonna be painful, but we might as well kill them." Pushing off her shoe, Barbara walked towards the ones that dived down. Before that though, the blacksmith held her hand. "Don't even." he hissed over her. "Don't even tempt yourself, Barb. Please be rational."

Going around with a heated up foot, she just gave up and in. "And it would be stupid for me to use something that is easy to dig to." She added that herself, making her companion think. "Can't you kill them with sand?"

"Nah." Putting back the shoe, she shook her shoe to brush off the dirt that came inside. "Makes them mostly stuck and go deeper inside the damn thing. Annoying as hell too." Glancing at the surroundings, Roger decided that it would be better to find some damn near shelter.

Bending and stretching over, she queried "Where though?" It's kind of blank and the buildings were in half if they were lucky. The antennae of the remaining 25 (presumed) roaches scattered about. Some have gone through the dead forest but the rest either flew to one of the buildings or burrow, even if it was futile.