Chapter 94: The Idea of Change - Evolution!

Start from the beginning

"Shut up! The pain and suffering I will give this world... WILL BE UNRIVALED!" Clapping his hands, Pain lifted the rough ground below. The world listened to his absolute order, recognizing him as someone who held strength.

Numerous rocks and boulders floated in the air. And each one was served and bashed forward, annihilating the ground with immeasurable force. Obito held his hand forward, ordering his white strings to shoot forward.

Obeying, the strings that clad him bursted in numerous threads, slicing the boulders with ease. Pain appeared to the side, taking advantage of a blind spot and threw a punch that tore through the air.

The fist connected with the side of Obito's face - the only part of him that was not protected with the strings nor his mask. Pain had expected Obito to fly away, but that did not happen.

Being pushing back, Obito made the threads of wires dig into the ground, acting like webs of a spider so he doesn't get thrown away. He took hold of Pain's arm, gripping it tightly.

Pain widened his eyes.

"Even after your admirable words, it all amounted to... nothing." With a taunt, Obito threw Pain away, his strings entangling him and dragging him all across the place.

"Your power is great, but you are no God!" Yelling, Obito began to throw a barrage of fists that was covered in his strings of death. Flying through the air, Pain used Shinra Tensei to push him away with swiftness.

He regained his balance, using the ground as a platform once again. Pain widened his eyes, not seeing Obito whatsoever. That soon disappeared once he felt a plundering punch engraving itself onto his face.

Obito took a step, Pain being sent flying as he breathed deeply into his mask.

He's resilient. He thought, noticing the will that did not break so easily. Obito jumped forward, readying himself for another attack of his own.

~~~

Hinata sat on the wooden floors, seeing the vibrant skies that were covered with trees and stone along the way. She calmly stayed in a tranquil state, feeling the fresh breeze brush against her soft face.

"You seem to be healing well." Unmei stood behind her, a smile plastered on her old, but rather beautiful face. Unable to see her with her left eye, Hinata could hear that she was on her left.

Scooting a few inches to the right, Unmei sat down with gentleness of a saint.

Hinata stayed silent, seemingly lost in thought and ignored the presence of the carer of the orphanage right next to her. Children laughed from all sides, playing on the grass in the estate in front of them.

"You're thinking quite hard, Hinata-san. Is there anything wrong?" Hinata looked at Unmei, the bangs that covered her forehead splitting apart slightly to show the smooth skin on her head.

Hinata looked back, staring off into the distance once more.

"I was just thinking about my failures." Unmei made a face of acknowledgement, nodding her head as Hinata spoke her thoughts.

"Are you angry?"

"Yes. Very. My own circumstances now were because of my hesitation. Is it wrong to be angry at myself for being unable to fight against that is a threat to mankind?" She asked, a sorrowful feeling surging through her body.