fourteen ~ the heartbreak hotel - pt. 2

sunday

sunday.

The night before felt like a fever dream. Your body is sore and aching as you turn on your side to stretch. You peeked an eye open to see if Jungkook was still sleeping or if he fled for the hills, and like you expected, he was nowhere to be found.

The warmth from the sun shone through the blinds, but the room was icy and frigid. You lay on your back, facing the ceiling, bringing the duvet to cover your naked body. Endless questions race through your mind–how long did Jungkook stay? Did you snore? Did you look cute, at least, since it was your last night together. Was it a mistake? Should you have said no to him? But how could you? He was simply too irresistible, and you had missed him so much.

You groaned in frustration, pulling the duvet over your head, mentally kicking yourself for this weekend's events, especially last night. Stupid, stupid, stupid. You knew better than to give in, so instead, you blamed it on your hormones for making you so fucking horny.

Flipping the cover off, you were now searching for your undergarments and pajamas. You took one last look at yourself to make sure you were presentable, but you felt someone would point out the faint purple marks trailing down your neck and across your chest. You were always weak for Jungkook's mouth.

The noisy creak of the door didn't hide the fact you were quietly trying to sneak out, though you had nothing to hide because everyone knew what you and Jungkook did last night.

"Morning!" Taehyung's chipper voice echoed as you tried to tiptoe to the bathroom, making you halt and turn, walking towards the married couples gathered around the kitchen counter.

"Morning," your voice dragged on while you played with your hair, trying to cover up your neck. Hyunie waved you over, patting a seat in between her and Yuna.

"How'd you sleep?" Taehyung asked before taking a sip of his coffee. A smug smile and cocked eyebrow couldn't hide what he really wanted to ask of you.

Hyunie narrowed her eyes at her handsome but very nosey husband. Everyone had discussed beforehand that they wouldn't mention anything until you returned to Seoul.

You knitted your eyebrows, peering at everyone, who was all acting a bit weird around you. "It was fine," you uttered, rubbing the nape of your neck. "I am a bit sore, though."

"Yeah, I bet you are," Taehyung chortled, almost choking on his coffee.

"Kim Taehyung!" Hyunie quipped, letting go of you and practically ripping off her husband's arm, dragging him into the living room, the two arguing in hushed tones.

"What's going on with them?"

"Oh–I don't know. Lover's quarrel?" Yuna answered, pushing herself off of the stool. "Oof–" She balanced herself on your arm. Her basketball belly was now bigger than the rest of her body.

"Um, where's Jungkook?" You tried to ask as nonchalantly as possible, but you were sure everyone could feel the tension between you this past weekend. Namjoon gestured toward the window, and you saw a fluffy-haired Jungkook staring off into the distance like he normally does.