six ~ it's not all rainbows and butterflies

~ Warning: some sexual content ~

~ Two months together ~

Getting to this point in your relationship with Jungkook wasn't an easy task - particularly with your mother. She was beyond furious when you told her. The thought of you choosing to be with someone close to a decade younger than you completely disgusted her. She loved Jungkook, adored him, and even thought of him like her own son, but she couldn't support your relationship with him.

"Please explain how this happened." She asked with anger rising in her tone while pacing back and forth.

"It started after the family reunion. We hung out a lot, and things just happened." You tried explaining without giving too much detail - especially the part where the pair of you were going to maul each other at your house during dinner with her and Yuna.

"Things just happened?" she scoffed. "What does Yuna think about all this?"

You cleared your throat before answering, "...she didn't like it at first. We didn't talk for a little bit while planning her wedding, but she's fine with it now." Honestly, you needed to sit down and talk to your best friend, like sit down and hash this all out, but she just got married, so you keep telling yourself - you hated having hard conversations.

"You were dating him before Yuna's wedding?" your mother asked sternly. There was anger and resentment in her eyes, and the tone in her voice amped up even more. "Who would do that to their best friend?"

There was the one thing you had to struggle with only a few months ago. What she said triggered you. You fought through all the voices in your head telling you that you were the worst best friend in the world; you didn't need to go through all that again. And who was she to judge you in the first place? You had a running list of the things you disapproved of from her. Though she never cared much for you, why would it even matter?

"No! We weren't dating or anything. We were just hanging out more than usual..." you lingered with your sentence, not wanting to explain more than needed. She didn't need to know that you made the first move or how he kissed you in your childhood bedroom while she and Yuna were only a few feet away in the other room.

"I can't believe I have to call you my daughter," she muttered under her breath.

"Mom..." The muscle sitting inside your chest cavity sank to your stomach. Did she have to say that? Did she hate you that much? What have you ever done to her to deserve that? You've done everything she's ever asked, but somehow you still failed to meet her expectations. She was the only living relative you had left, and she treated you like nothing, like an outsider, someone who didn't deserve her time.

"Your father would be furious if he were here," she huffed as she sat down." I need to sit before I pass out."

"You have to call me your daughter? What's that supposed to mean?"  You frowned before kneeling in front of her. "Mom, I'm sorry I've never been able to live up to your expectations, but that comment was low, even for you." This conversation sucked big time, but her comment and words continue to pierce into the depths of your soul - a grown-ass woman you are, and the one person you needed continued to, without shame, detest your existence. You wondered what you needed to do for her to accept you as you were entirely.