brain tumor

.

the cup of coffee in the morning. that's what comes to her mind once she opens her eyes from her deep sleep, maybe that was what she dreaming of. looking around her father's apartment. full of silence and peace, enough with his father to rest. it's comfortable too.

she also noticed her father is not on there anymore. it's probably because he's going to the hospital to do his work earlier in the morning. aeri sighed as she stood up to get ready, getting some fresh air and her coffee to complete her craving.

after a while, she's done changing and getting ready. fixing her hair to look cuter in the mirror and smiling. "poor heeseung can't stare at my pretty face anymore," giggling at her own words as she makes a move to go out.

she took a taxi to get to the café. it only takes 5 minutes from his father's hospital so she can pay a visit to his father again. maybe buy him and his co-workers that she met yesterday some lunch? well, that's a great idea.

"one coffee latte and one strawberry peanut waffle, please," she ordered and pay the total after the person on the counter told her the price.

going to the available seat as she took out her phone. To her surprise, she got one message from someone she never expected would text her. it's sooha. it's been so long she got her number but none of them tried to start a text.

hurried opened the message and again, she was shocked reading the text. it says 'can i seat with you?'. her eyes went around the café until she meet sooha on the corner with a soft smile on her face.

aeri replied with a smile too. she waves her hand signing sooha to go seat with her. without wasting her time, the girl went to her and sat in front of aeri.

it's actually kinda awkward but good for aeri, she knows how to make a conversation. thanks for heeseung because he never made an effort to speak to her. "what are you doing here? aren't you living in seoul too?" aeri asked.

the girl replied with a nod but then she answered to explain why she was in ilsan. "my friend got warded two days ago, so decided to pay a visit," aeri nodded, understanding what she mean.

but then she realized, "wait, your friend is in the hospital nearby?" her eyes widened when sooha nodded, leaving the girl in confusion.

aeri laughed when she saw sooha on her confused face. trying to find out what happened. "my dad works there as a doctor!" she exclaimed excitedly for no reason.

"really?! wow what a small world right?" sooha also seems amazed with a smile written on her face but slowly fades away when she noticed something wrong with aeri. she looks happy but not genuinely happy.

"so, you're not gonna fix your relationship with heeseung right now?" sooha asked receiving a soft gasp from aeri. heeseung must tell sooha they fought, didn't know heeseung got the courage to tell his not-so-close cousin but lol is there any chance for them to get back?

chuckling came out of her mouth. "i don't know. everything happens because of me. i'm scared he doesn't want to face me anymore," she said nervously. trying to look around but sooha's eyes.

well, what could she think? there's a chance for her to get called selfish by sooha too for choosing heeseung as her husband to do revenge. aeri regrets everything she does. she wants heeseung for real, as lover and husband without any toxic reasons.

"he's dying to meet you, aeri. i heard you love him because his father took your mom away from your father, huh?" not so surprising for aeri, she expected that heeseung told her yhe whole story too.

she nodded but spoke before sooha continued her words, "but i promised i regret everything i do, i love him now. i love him to the point no words could describe," okay, that's kinda cringing but sooha just smirked.

the look she gave to aeri can't be explained. later then she spooks, "both of you are the same,"

"do you want to know why heeseung hates his family so much? well, except our uncle on the overseas," she asked. being a curious cat, aeri nodded, wanting to know heeseung's story. he never told her anything about his family anyways.

"it's started when everyone agreed when his father asked our permission to get married to your mom except for our uncle and heeseung. heeseung was so mad at us, he said something would happen to their family but everyone don't mind him and helped his father to prepare for their marriage," guilty started to take over her body. she felt bad for what she did to him.

"after they got married, we realized that we never ask how heeseung's mom felt about that. we're like completely forgotten about her existence. and that's how heeseung started to hate everyone. he doesn't want to live with his father and his so-called new family, so he lives with his mother. but then, his mother ran away. nowhere to be seen. there's a rumor saying that she became a stripper. until now he couldn't forgive everyone, especially his father," aeri seating there speechless.

he got through hard times alone without his parents. what she do was so wrong, her thought started to haunt her mind saying that heeseung could never forgive her. or maybe she couldn't forgive herself for being so selfish. he do nothing and even against the marriage of his father and her mom.

automatically her mind reminds her back to the times they got into a big fight, his face changes when she told him that he's acting like his father.

but aeri got trauma from his father too. she didn't lie when she said his father ruined her future because he is the cause of the brain tumor.

"i tried to comfort heeseung by saying you still love him because you know, he keeps saying you hate him. but, who am i right? he still hates me. i hope you could meet him and fix your relationship," sooha said. aeri was about to say something but got cut off by the waiter who serve their coffee and food on the table.

coffee tasted so bad not like what she craving just now. it's all because of heeseung's story. she lose her appetite to eat but still took a sip before continuing her words to sooha.

planning to tell her about everything from her point of view, including the fact she can't see her future or will to live.

"there's something i never told anyone except for my family. i'm scared to tell you or heeseung but maybe it's the time..."

she took a long deep breath before speaking, "i got a brain tumor... i'll die soon or later so i couldn't be with him... " right after she said that, sooha hugged her tightly as her eyes widened. never thought she could hear that, she think about positive things like being pregnant or something but it's actually about dying.

"his father is the cause of my brain tumor..." she continued in sooha's warm hug.