『 Chapter 22: The Legend of The BoneKnapper P.2 』

Start from the beginning

Hiccup stood up before holding his hand out for you, you took it and he pulled you up.

"It is stunning," Fishlegs said.

You felt a nudge to your back and turned around to see Astrid gesturing for you to say something.

"Ah- listen, Gobber?" You started walking toward him, "Instead of chasing down an imaginary dragon, maybe we should figure out how to get home?" You had to admit that at first, you believed in the dragon, but after all the stories it just seemed a little less real.

Gobber nodded, pointing at you, "Say no more! I hear you loud and clear. I've got a plan!" He stood up with a slight groan, "All right. Who'd like to be dragon bait?" He then pointed at Fishlegs causing everyone to gasp, and Phil the sheep to bleat.

Gobber dressed Fishlegs up to look like himself and then he tied a large ribcage to a rope and hoisted it so it hung above the boy.

"Uh, Gobber, are you sure this is safe?" Fishlegs called.

Gobber held up his thumb to measure the distance between the ribcage and the ground, "Ah- safety's overrated." He then turned back to the group of you, "Okay, here's the plan. The Boneknapper wants me, right? He comes down that trail, sees Fishlegs, thinks it's me, rushes Fishlegs, causing Phil to trip that rope, dropping that ribcage, and then we rush in and finish him off, once and for all!"

Snotlout leaned towards the twins, "It's sad when they get old."

"Gobber." Hiccup began, "You're taking this way too far, okay?" He waved his hands, "You need to face it. There is no such thing as the Boneknapper."

Gobber shook his head, "Wormsquat! Now, get into position." You let out a groan, the fact that he wasn't giving up on this pushed your buttons. He then turned around, "Way to go, Fishlegs! You're doing fine!" The group of you kneeled behind some rocks.

"No wonder the entire village thinks your crazy." Hiccup said, facing the man. You felt a soft breeze behind you and turned around, coming face to face with the Boneknapper. You reached out and quickly grabbed Hiccup's arm, at a loss for words at the creature you saw in front of you. Everyone was muttering and arguing about what was going on, but none of them were paying attention to what was currently going on.

"H-hiccup!" You stuttered as the beast grew closer.

Everyone turned towards you, "What!" They all called before going silent and hearing a rattle behind them.

"It's right behind us isn't it." Hiccup said before everyone turned around and looked up at the dragon.

It reeled its head back and spread out its wings preparing to roar. It opened its mouth and let out a tiny squeak. Gobber was right, it had no roar.

The dragon then leaned forward and Gobber called out to all of you, "Run!" He exclaimed, causing you and the other teens to start running. As soon as you all got out of the way the dragon blew fire.

"Okay, Gobber, we believe you!" Astrid called as the dragon chased you towards where Fishlegs was. It swung its tail, sending a pile of bones, and you all, flying. You looked up, seeing the ribcage drop around you guys.

"Phil!" Gobber growled. All of you shot up quickly as the dragon ran over to the ribcage. The group of you screamed as it looked into your prison before reeling back. You looked over and grabbed Hiccup, pulling him behind one of the giant ribs, your arms pressed on either side of him as the dragon shot fire. You quickly pressed yourself against the boy so the fire wouldn't touch you.

"(Y/N)!" Hiccup called, causing you to look up at him, "I know this is a really bad time, but- do you wanna be my girlfriend?" He called, trying to be heard over the fire."

You nodded quickly, "Really bad time, but yes!" As soon as you said that the dragon stopped shooting fire and crawled up onto the ribs. You quickly pulled away from Hiccup and tried to find a way to escape. You heard Fishlegs begging the dragon to stop. You glanced back over at the brown-haired boy and noticed he realized something.

"Wait. It searches for the perfect bone to build its coat of armor." He said causing your eyes to widen, the two of you shared a look before saying, "The treasure!" In sync. "Gobber! Take off your pants!" Everyone turned towards Hiccup confused.

"No!" They all yelled.

Hiccup stepped forward, 'Wait, listen to me. I think Fishlegs was right. The Boneknapper is supposed to have a roar." The boy gestured to his sternum, "But maybe he can't because the bone he needs is your belt buckle." The dragon pulled one of the ribs off of the cage.

"Gobber, please!" You called, "You have to give it back."

He stood up, shaking his head, "No way! It's mine!" The Boneknapper then reached in and grabbed Gobber's leg, "Uh-oh." He said, before exclaiming as he was pulled out of the cage.

"Give him back his bone!" Hiccup called.

Gobber was being shaken around by the dragon, "NO!" He cried.

You repeated Hiccup's phrase, "Give him back his bone!" You said, with more anger in your voice.

"NO!" Gobber yelled out once more. The dragon threw him up in the air, "No... Alright." Gobber said, finally giving in and pulling the bone from his belt, and throwing it at the dragon. It somehow landed perfectly in the missing spot as Gobber fell to the ground.

The dragon leaned forward and let out a skull-splitting roar, causing you to cover your ears. It then stopped before leaning towards Gobber and tilting its head to the side.

"Gobber!" Hiccup called out, concerned.

The blonde man stood up, making his decision, "Alright, you've got me. Make it fast." The Boneknapper let out a soft purr and nudged Gobber affectionately. As soon as the dragon touched him, Gobber's pants fell. You all groaned, looking away.

"That's gonna give me nightmares." You said, looking anywhere but at Gobber.

Astrid placed her hand on your shoulder, "Well, at least we have a ride home!" She said enthusiastically, gesturing over to the dragon that Gobber was now scratching with his hook. The dragon rolled over and wagged its tail, hitting the ground.

✵ ✵ ✵

The group of you were now flying back in the direction of Berk, even though you started the day thinking that the Boneknapper was fake, now you were thoroughly convinced.

"He sure seems happy to have that bone back!" Hiccup said, speaking to Gobber.

Fishlegs then decided to speak up, "Well, legend says the Boneknapper's roar is its mating call."

"Oh, that's just a myth." Gobber chuckled. As soon as he finished speaking you heard another roar behind you, "Uh-oh. Well, I think Stoick will believe me now." He chuckled.

✵ ✵ ✵

You and Hiccup were in the forge, you were sitting on the wooden table watching him work. He paused, turning towards you, "So... now that we are out of danger, maybe I should ask you again." He stepped towards you, standing in between your legs and lightly caressing your arm, "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, his voice soft as he made eye contact with you.

His slightly red face made you chuckle, "I would love to be your girlfriend, Hiccup." You said before taking his face in your hands and pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

✵ ✵ ✵