Arc 3: Chapter 2: Right As One

Start from the beginning

*****

"Another score for Team Germany! This is turning into a real domination of a match!" the announcer yelled out. 

"COME ON!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I was noticeably much less composed compared to everyone else in the VIP box but I didn't let that bother me one bit.

"What's this? Has Evergreen spotted the Snitch?

"IT'S RIGHT THERE!!!!" I had no idea where it was.

Evergreen began to dive down towards the bottom of the pitch. The Portuguese Seeker followed her at high speeds, thinking that what the announcer had said was true. 

"Oh god, I can't look." I covered my eyes with my hands but still looked between my fingers. She was getting so close to the floor that she had to crash...

...but at the last second, she pulled up and the Portuguese Seeker, who wasn't expecting such a tactic this early in the match, didn't prepare in time to pull up too. They crashed directly into the sandy below. 

"A legendary Wronski Feint from our beloved Evergreen! I can't believe Portugal didn't see it coming!

"YESSSSSS!" I threw my fist in the air. Severus had a neat smile on his face and gently clapped. 

With the Portuguese Seeker out of the running, at least temporarily, it gives Evergreen a good chance to find the Snitch without much competition. So long as the Beaters keep the Bludgers away from her, it was no contest.

Her head suddenly shot to her left. Her body became low on the broom to get as much speed as possible until she suddenly got hit by a Bludger.

"Oooh! That has got to hurt! Will she be able to hold on!?

"GET BACK UP! YOU HAVE TO!"

Evergreen was desperately holding onto her broom but a wrong move that could cause her to fall off. With all of her upper body strength, she threw herself back up and shot forward. She recomposed herself and shot with full speed towards where I was standing. Then I noticed... the Snitch was right in front of me. 

In a flash, her red hair appeared where the Snitch used to be. She had caught it. 

"Thanks, cutie." she winked at me and held the Snitch up high for all to see.

I was speechless. She saw me. She spoke to me. She was right there.

"Evergreen has captured the Snitch! Team Germany wins the cup!"

"HELL YEAH!" I yelled ecstatically and hugged Severus with all my might. He was taken aback briefly but lightly returned the hug as he understood my excitement. 

This was the best day ever.

*****

"I still can't believe she actually pulled the Wronsky Feint off that well. The Portuguese Seeker had no idea!" I spoke feverishly as Severus and I left the stands to approach the German team's tent. "And now I get to actually meet Evergreen... oh Merlin. I might faint."

"If you faint then you will not be able to meet her." Severus warned.

My hands fell to my face in slight overwhelming shock. So much was happening that it began to take a mild toll on me. Knowing Fudge was probably prowling around did not make that feeling better.

Going inside the tent, I could see much of the equipment from the match still laid out ready to be packed away. There were a few wooden benches and metallic lockers spread about. It seems the players had gone to cool off from the match a way's away. All except for Patricia Evergreen.