He sat at the breakfast table alone -- again -- almost done with his somewhat food when his phone chimed.

He didn't get excited like a normal teenager would do, because the only notifications he would get were from Nathalie.

He pushed his chair back hastily, rushing upstairs to take his shower. He wasn't prepared for this, heck, he had already started up his video game to play!

When would he be able to rest?

"Adrien! Quickly!"

A sigh left his lips as he staggered into his shoes, then double checking that his belt buckle was secured. He knew very well Nathalie's eyes were fixed on him like lasers, no doubt judging his flimsy and very unprofessional-like manner of getting ready.

He wasn't sure if she remembered the same nationally known model she was ordered to watch over was also a teenage boy with feelings and his own leisurely things to do. No one his age would be able to keep their composure when told they were needed for something important last minute.

A certain raven-haired girl was rooted to the pavement by the Dupain-Cheng Bakery, fingers deep inside her backpack attempting to rumage for the keys to the house. In the mean time, her phone was kept tucked in between her shoulder blade and ear with her best friend on the other end.

"Marinette, please don't tell me you left your keys here at my place," said best friend, Alya deadpanned, and though out of sight to the girl currently searching her bag, Marinette knew well that Alya had her lips pressed in a thin line. "Well, your pleading won't work," she exhaled as her hand fell back against her side frustratedly as the other took her phone and continued to press it against her ear. "I definitely left them at your place."

As she slung her backpack back over her shoulder with the free hand, the raven-haired girl heard the brunette on the other end sigh softly. "Oh Marinette, what am I going to do with you?" In response to this question (if you could call it one), Marinette let out a soft chuckle and shook her head, beginning to brisk-walk back to Alya's. "Take your pick, Cesairé," she joked, earning the same chuckle in return.

    "Here, you left them on the kitchen counter, probably while we were having breakfast," Alya handed her best friend at the door the keys that she had left behind, and once firmly in grasp, the raven-haired girl let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God," she muttered, securely tucking them into her jeans pocket for easier reach later on.

"Make sure you didn't leave anything else behind, remember the time you left your hair ties last sleepover?" the brunette suddenly reminded teasingly, and Marinette had to surpress a grumble. "Yeah no, don't even try," she glared half-jokingly, only to hear ringing coming from her phone a few seconds later.

It was Sabine; her mom.

"Oh, shoot, did I forget I had something to do again today??" she frantically clicked 'accept', bringing the phone to her ear. "Hello, Mama?"

She heard her mother sigh. "Marinette, honey, we need you here at the bakery. I told you yesterday you need to help with rush hour, your poor father is caught up with so many customers," Sabine said. This made Marinette's eyes widen in panic. "Oh, God, I totally forgot, weekend rush hours are the worst, I'm sorry Mama I just left my keys at Alya's and--"

She then heard her mother shush her from the other end of the line. "It's fine, it's fine, do you have them now?" The panicked teen nodded though Sabine couldn't see. "Yeah I do."

"Okay, now just start heading back home alright?" her mother advised, and she nodded at her instructions. "Yeah, yeah okay I'll see you back at home bye!"

Marinette darted away from Alya's apartment completely forgetting she was there in the first place.

· · ─────── ·♥· ─────── ·