FOURTEEN || C1F5O1J3J5A5A5F4

Start from the beginning

"You can talk to me," Jungkook says and is satisfied with how it almost sounds like it used to years ago, whenever he comforted Taehyung, full of love and affection.

Taehyung draws in another breath and opens his eyes, standing straight and wiping his bloodshot eyes with the back of his hands.

Jungkook's heart feels like it's going cold, sinking into the rest of his organs, leaving his chest empty. His own lip wobbles and the sting in his jaw pulses through his mouth.

No, don't cry, please.

"I should go," Taehyung puffs his chest and walks past Jungkook heading to the door, grabbing his coat from the chair.

Jungkook stares at the back of his head for a few seconds.

He hasn't changed, has he?

Before Taehyung can reach the door, Jungkook advances towards him and takes his hand into his own, making the elder freeze in his tracks.

The last time they touched was when Taehyung placed a knife at Jungkook's throat.

"I won't judge, I promise," Jungkook says in a hushed whisper. "Just listening. Please talk to me."

Taehyung stands straight and doesn't move his hand out of Jungkook's, staring at the black coat in his other hand.

Jungkook moves closer and when he speaks, his breath tickles Taehyung's neck. "Just like it used to be, I'll listen."

Taehyung's breath hitches and he takes a step back so his shoulder is pressing against Jungkook's chin. His warm skin makes Jungkook smile and move a bit so he can rub Taehyung's shoulder with his jaw, hoping it will provide some comfort to the elder.

Taehyung turns his face, the gap between their noses decreasing. "I'm not scared of your judgement, Jungkook."

Jungkook stares at Taehyung's lips moving and once again wonders what it would be like to capture them into a kiss. He blinks and looks up into Taehyung's eyes, which seem to be burning with something Jungkook associates with authority.

"Then why don't you talk?"

"Is it going to stop with you?"

"What?"

"It's a matter of trust, my friend."

Jungkook blinks again, "You don't trust me?"

"Do I have a reason to?"

"Do you have a reason not to?"

Taehyung turns so they both are face to face, chests touching. The elder licks his lips and takes a hold of Jungkook's forearms, massaging his biceps through the shirt. He smirks, pushing Jungkook backwards and pinning him into a wall, the grasp on his forearms still firm.

Jungkook hits the wall with an 'oof' and stares into Taehyung's eyes, his own going wide as the elder leans in, their noses touching, "A lot of things you aren't telling me."

Jungkook sharply inhales at their close proximity and stares at Taehyung's collarbone, swallowing hard. Why the fuck is the melanin making it look sexier? And how did his shoulders get broader?

"I'm sorry, what?"

Taehyung places an arm at Jungkook's neck and presses hard, slightly choking the younger. "Why was Travis Barker in the bathroom with you?"

Jungkook stares into Taehyung's dark irises once again and draws in a breath. "He's been chasing me for a while now."

"He lowered his gun in front of you."