Rosh let crocodile tears stream down his cheeks as he stumbled on the floor.

''I'm sorry, Father! I-I didn't mean to, I wasn't trying to! Y-Yves told me it was a bad idea to a-attend the tea party so I declined. I was foolish to think the young master Aphen will let this slide!''

''Yves did what!?''

''She told me it was a bit early for me to attend the party because I had just debuted. But it seems that my decision made the young master Aphen angry! I'm sorry, father.''

Rosh felt proud of himself. His words are pointing two different directions. The blame isn't clearly going towards the Aphens or Yves. Because of this, his father will try to connect it.

Who exactly is at fault?

If Yves didn't tell him to decline, he would have more standing in society by befriending other young nobles. And when Yves did stop him from going, he befriended other influential nobles like Lune, Rome and Schneider, but he ended up insulting the Aphens.

The rumors just boosted these two undeniable facts, because no matter what Yves did, Rosh will still be friends with Samuel, Enzo, and Eveia who's families have high political power. And Permitus Aphen's 'revenge' damaged both the Razon's and the Aphen's.

Meaning, the duke will have no choice but punish Yves and cut ties with the marquis for the sake of his pride and reputation.

It was killing two birds with one stone. The Aphens will be in ruins soon enough. Rosh is even doing his father a favor.

He decided to enter Permitus' game, thus this includes letting his family survive a little bit longer.

''We aren't finished, Rosh. Fix yourself and stop making irrational decisions to taint our family's name.'' The duke pointed his index on him and widened his eyes for intimidation. Rosh acted shakened and nodded his head, as if nervous. ''Y-yes, f-father.''

Duke Razon turned his back and loudly slammed the door shut. When Rosh could no longer sense his presence, he let out a loud maniacal laugh.

''Father, father, father~'' He chuckled and shooked his head.

-

Another day, another change. Rosh was quite satisfied of how everything is being managed smoothly.

Unfortunately, his father didn't completely cut his relations to the marquis, the duke simply gave the marquis a chance and added a long solemn speech and spread it in public to build up an empathetic and forgiving image.

Rosh, on the other hand, has been playing push and pull of rumors with Permitus Aphen. Spreading rumor this, spreading rumor that. It was a tug of war with their reputation on the line, which amused Rosh very well.

It was a free day for Rosh, the duke was called for a meeting in the royal ministry and the duchess was invited in another noble's social party, they will be gone for the rest of the day.

Meanwhile, Josh is on a playdate with Selina and the prince.

And Rosh? He stood infront of the flower garden in their greenhouse with a grin on his face. He plans to gatecrash Josh's meeting with his so-called friends. Well, not exactly, he arrived there first since Hugo slash Luar informed him that the trio will be going to the greenhouse after studying in the library.

Soon after, Josh, Selina and Arthur arrived at the greenhouse. They were surprised to see Rosh walking there will looking at the flowers.

''Brother?''

''Hmm? Ah, Josh, what a coincidence seeing you here.'' Rosh smiled before turning to Arthur. He bowed respectfully. ''I greet the small sun of the empire, may the blessings of Parvati flourish upon your lands, your royal highness.''

''Rise, young lord Rosh.'' Rosh obeyed and put on a neutral smile. He then turned his head towards the pink eyed girl and forced himself to act gentlemanly (A/N: Is that a word? Sorry, English isn't my first language.)

''Greetings to you, young lady Vesta.'' Rosh put his hand on his chest and lowered his head, acting a bit ashamed. ''I apologize for my rude behavior from before, I was having a bad day. It seems I was still a bit traumatized by my past abduction.''

''Oh, it's alright, young master Rosh! I understand.'' Selina said brightly.

''You truly are kind, lady Vesta. Thank you for forgiving me.''

Rosh gave her the sweetest smile he could ever muster without showing the bitter ridicule in his eyes.

His sweet gesture made Selina shocked, a warm fuzzy feeling boiled under her skin, she couldn't help but blush. The young master Rosh is very sweet, it seems he really was only in a bad mood last time, she thought.

''Brother, if you don't mind, can I play with you guys too? I'm a bit ashamed to say, but other young nobles seemed to hate me because of the...rumors that has been going around.'' Rosh said with an embarrassed tone.

''Of course, brother! And don't worry, I never believed in those gossips, they don't know you well. You aren't a bad person, brother!'' Josh encouraged.

''Thank you, Josh, but may I really, your highness? I don't want to make you uncomfortable.'' Rosh turned his eyes to the prince. He couldn't just carelessly act close to the prince after all.

''Hmm, that will be fine. Though the rumors of you are quite excessive, people could only judge if they truly knew you.'' Prince Arthur gave him a smile.

The smile that Rosh hated so much. A smile as if he knew everything about him. Rosh put his hands behind him and clench his fist. He shouldn't get angry. It's just a bad memory, he's back to change everything, not ruin it again.

''Thank you, your highness. Then, please call me by my first name as well, I do not want his highness and lady Vesta to be burdened by calling me 'young master' or 'lord'.''

''Gladly, Rosh.'' Arthur allowed. He still wouldn't open up to Rosh, but he could at least act like he does. And Rosh knew exactly what he's thinking.

''Feel free to call me Selina too..R-Rosh. After all, we are friends starting today.'' Selina said bashfully.

''...friends?'' Rosh accidentally slipped out a bitter tone.

''A-are we not?'' Selina nervously blinked her eyes.

''Brother...?'' Josh said as Arthur looked at Rosh intently, trying to observe his expression and reaction.

Rosh managed to gain back his composure and curved out a smile.

''Ah..yes, friends, we are friends.''

Josh and Selina smiled enthusiastically while the prince just hummed. Rosh looked at them and chuckled.

Their image was picture perfect, but Rosh was nothing but a mere background. The shadow behind the light. But it was fine, at least for now.

'Friends, huh? I never had the luxury of friendship before.'

Friendships don't last forever. Friendships can destroy your will. And friendships will kill you.

This so-called 'friendship' will die soon.

***