Still we lived

Warning- sexual scenes ahead.

You laugh as you chase after your son who was running around your home, you two were playing tag and the little one was proving to be as quick as his father.

- Kokoro! Sweet boy, I'm going to catch you!

The raven haired child squeals and hides behind the curtains, stifling his own giggles. You walk slowly in the room and see his little feet poking out, you feign ignorance and begin to speak out loud for him to hear.

- Oh my! Where did Kokoro hide? It's like he has completely vanished!

He giggles at your exclaims and you hold a laugh.

- Oh! But what is to become of me without my sweet boy?

The young boy peaks his head out and notices you sitting down backwards to him.

- Will I be left alone?

You feel little arms embrace your back and you look back at your son holding you tightly, his blue eyes were concerned.

- No mama! I'm here, mama not alone!

He squishes your cheeks and rubs his forehead on yours, an action you have shown him whenever the boy felt sad or hurt.

- Pain, pain go away, let mama smile today!

You laugh and tickle his belly and the boy giggles from your sudden attack. You cradle him softly and brush his hair out of his face, letting him regain his breath. You gently caress the black dotted birthmarks that were symmetrical on his eyelids and hands. He caresses your hand in return and kisses it's palm.

- Wish mama stay...

Your soft expression turns a bit sad, kissing his forehead, you whisper softly to him.

- Why wouldn't mama stay my sweet boy?

Kokoro shifts his gaze to the garden outside and looks back at you.

- Cause mama...this a dream.

You look around and begin to recognise the layout, it was your old home, so this really meant it was a dream, his small hand returns to your face and you hold it back gently.

- Mama please stay...

You rub his cheek and smile softly at him, he looked like a mix of both you and Gyutaro, he had your eyes but the colour were his father's when he was human, that beautiful blue that pulled you towards him from the beginning. Even his lower lip had Gyutaro's pout. His black hair was still a bit unruly but had your soft waves, in front of you the most beautiful gift you have ever received.

You gently kiss his face.

- Mama will stay with you forever.

He grins at you and his eyes sparkle.

- And Papa?

You chuckle and embrace your son, cradling him softly.

- Yes my heart and Papa.

You begin humming your lullaby and your child falls asleep, he was so small in your arms and all you could do was gaze at his sleeping form with love. Footsteps can be heard approaching from the garden and you look outside to see the Oiran you briefly met some time ago, Hinatsuru. She had a somber gaze.

- You can't stay...

She approaches you and her kunai glistens in the moonlight. You clutch your son tightly but you can't get up.

- Don't you dare touch him!

She doesn't react, as she continues to walk your direction.

- He can't come to our world...