🍑ONE🍑

"I need to think. On my own."

Author POV

New York was different when Bangtan Sonyeondan arrived. The usually busy streets filled with business men and women alike, were now cluttered with fans of the mega stars. Everywhere you looked, there were army; proud and excited to see the seven talented men that they had looked up to. Some had been fans for years, even some since their debut, and then there were some new; ones that had only been in the Fandom for a few weeks.

It didn't matter the age, it didn't matter the gender or how long you've known of them, everyone came together to watch the seven men take the stage. Music transcended through barriers, their music connected to souls.

The members were indebted to them. They were incredibly grateful for each and every person that made them who they were today and that fact alone, made them perform their absolute best; Night after night, they made sure that army knew how much they loved them.

Jungkook stood backstage, stealthily looking behind the curtains in amazement and wonder. He was shocked that this many people loved them, loved him, and then suddenly he was back in time to 2013, nervous as he was for their first concert in front of three hundred people.

"It's alright, Jungkook."

The maknae had turned his head to his hyung, Namjoon, the man that convinced him to go on this amazing journey.

"I know, hyung," the younger smiled back. "These nerves usually go away during the first song anyway."

Namjoon nodded his head then patted Jungkooks back. "After this, we're on break for two weeks before Miami. You excited?"

"Somewhat. What are you going to do? Is Hansoo-hyung coming?"

Namjoon laughed and ruffled his hair. "He's coming. I think he and I are going to fly to Virginia and then to Washington D.C. There are some fascinating museums that I'd like to take him to."

Hansoo was Namjoons boyfriend. After years of Instagram updates, the leader finally admitted to being in a relationship with the man he considered his friend. They were absolutely in love. He may not have made his relationship public to anyone outside of close family and friends, but army put two and two together. It was shocking at how quick they had figured it out, but Hansoo told Namjoon to wait until the tour ended to make an announcement. The leader had agreed. Once the tour was over and they were on an extended vacation for three months, the two love birds were planning to elope in Las Vegas.

"That sounds nice hyung," Jungkook sighed and then looked out at the crowd. "Jiminie and Yoongi hyung were going to travel to Miami early with Hoseok hyung and I think Tae and Jin hyung may be staying here for the first week."

"And your plans?"

The truth was...as much as Jungkook loved performing and being with his brothers and near to his fans, he needed time to himself. He was nearing twenty-five and for the first time he was troubled. He didn't know what to do.

He didn't want to disband the group or quit performing all together, he just needed some time to get his head on straight.

"I'll be taking a road trip," he finally admitted then looked back at his hyung. "It's been a while since I've been sightseeing. I've never really been able to go state to state while we're here anyway. I just need some time to reset."

"Would you like to join us," Namjoon asked. "You know you don't have to be alone, Jungkook."

"I know hyung, thank you," he said then hugged the elder. "I just need time to think. On my own. Clear my head and enjoy the wind wiping through my hair," he laughed. "I'll probably end up like Taehyung and just drive all over the place and come back by soundcheck."

"Are you sure you don't need anyone to tag along? I understand how you need your alone time, but you're not very familiar with The States, Kookie. How are you even going to get around without being noticed?"

The younger hadn't thought of that. He knew he'd rent a car and take off through the states that lead to Florida; just stay mainly in smaller towns and avoid the big cities, but other than that, his plan wasn't more thought out.

"I guess I'll have to figure it out on my own, hyung."

Namjoon nibbled on his lip. It wouldnt be far from the truth if Namjoon said that Jungkook was his favorite. He and the others basically raised the boy, so not only was he nervous about him going on his own, he was also worried about his safety.

"I don't like you going off by yourself," the older admitted. "But if you're sure you can handle it, then I won't tell you not to."

"I'm sure, hyung," Jungkook stated then laughed. "We both know that the word 'No' isn't in your vocabulary when it comes to me anyway."

"You little shit," Namjoon laughed in return as he tickled Jungkooks sides. The younger threw his head back and laughed, squirming away from the leader. "It should be. If I can say no to Jimin, I should be able to say it to you."

🍑

The concert went off beautifully just like the ones before it. After a post to Twitter and a quick V-Live, the guys were all back at the hotel eating and relaxing together before they went on their separate ways.

Namjoon was in the middle of a FaceTime call with Hansoo while Seokjin chatted along with him in the background, Yoongi was in the shower while Jimin talked his head off from the bathroom counter, then there was Hoseok, Taehyung and Jungkook, sitting on Jungkooks bed, coming up with a route for Jungkooks trip.

"Okay," the maknae said while writing down a list. "New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia then Florida. It's roughly 1300 or more miles."

"And how long are you going to stay in each place," Taehyung asked as he pulled the maknae closer. "Kookie, just come with us, pleeeeeeaaasseeee."

Hoseok rolled his eyes at Taehyungs ridiculous pout. "He's almost twenty-five. Let him go. He's a big boy."

"Big boy," Taehyung scoffed. "His muscles are big, but he's still the baby."

"I'm right here, Taehyungie," Jungkook laughed. "Listen, I love being with you guys, I do. But I just need a little me time. It's not anything bad, I just want to reconnect. Feel inspired, ya know?"

"And there's nothing wrong with that," Hoseok agreed. "Now that we know you're exact travel plan, I feel better about you driving alone."

Jungkook hummed as he finished writing down his itinerary. He was a little nervous, but also excited. He may not have had too much time on his own, but he felt somewhere deep down in his soul that this two week trip was going to change his life.