epilogue

LEONA MONTGOMERY

"Are you almost ready?" Garrett asks me and places his hands on my hips. I'm standing in the full-length mirror of our hotel room in Maine getting ready for Evelyn's wedding.

I attach the fake eyelashes to mine as I nod. "Yeah, we can go now," I tell him once I finish my makeup.

I have on a cute champagne-colored dress, and he has on a nice suit. He looks hot in it.

We only flew into Maine a few hours ago, because Evelyn messed up and Garrett had a game last night.

We don't have to fly back home for three days though, so it's going to be fun.

Garrett takes my hand in his as we walk down to our Uber to head to the wedding.

The reception is going to be held at another place after they are officially married.

We pull up to the venue and it's a nice place. I had talked to Evelyn yesterday, and she said how the wedding should only last about twenty minutes tops, so then we'll be at the reception celebrating for the rest of the day.

"This is pretty," I say talking about the outdoor venue.

"Yeah, it should be considering how long it took them to pick it out," Garrett says and I roll my eyes. He is still a little bitter about that.

We walk to our seats, knowing that the ceremony is going to be starting soon. Some people were already in their seats when we got there, and some people were still filing in after we got there.

I cross my left leg over my right as two older couples walk over to us with Garrett's. God, do not fail me right now, please do not let those be Garrett and Evelyn's grandparents.

Hunter and Axel join them before they can get to us.

Garrett gives them hugs before any of them say anything. "And who are you?" One of the old ladies asks me and looks my body up and down.

Leona Montgomery?

"I'm Leona," I simply state and her face doesn't change. "This is my girlfriend," Garrett says as we both stand up. He puts an arm around me and pulls me a little bit closer to him, not that there was much room for him to go. "It's nice to meet you, honey," The other old lady says.

"You too," I say even though I don't even know who they are.

Actually, that's not true. I've assumed that they are his grandparents, I just don't know which one.

"These are all my grandparents. These are my mom's parents, Serenity and Ezekiel. My dad's parents are Caroline and Kennedy." He introduces me to them.

His dad's father definitely doesn't look like a Kennedy to me. "It's nice to meet you all," I say, and all of them smile back at me.

"We should all sit down but I'll see you all after," Garrett says and we walk back to our seats. I cross my leg and quietly talk to Garrett.

The wedding was short but cute. They said their vows quietly, and only to each other. All of the guests didn't hear.

When I get married, that's how I would want to do it. I don't get why at most weddings they say them for everyone to hear, I would be so awkward about that.

Garrett and I both changed and we just got to the reception. "Congratulations," I smile at Evelyn and Leo. I didn't see them after they were actually married.

Receptions are better than the actual weddings. "Thanks. I can't wait for this to be over to go have a bunch of sex," Evelyn wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Let's go, babe," Leo says and practically drags her away from us. They're so cute.

I sit down with Garrett at one of the tables for a few minutes. I've met a few of his family members that Evelyn invited to her wedding.

I click my Home Screen to see if I have any notifications from the wedding since I haven't checked it.

I see one from Kayla, and it was just a quick text to see how we are. I quickly answer and then tuck my phone away.

"Do you want to eat now or later?" Garrett asks me. There is a simple buffet-style catering, so we can eat whenever.

The main food is a few options. There is grilled chicken, shrimp, or pulled pork. The main sides for these are vegetables with the chicken, grits with the shrimp, and bread with the pulled pork.

There are a ton of other sides, and small desserts until we have cake later.

"I'm not really hungry. We can have something to eat later." I shrug in response.

Everyone clears off the dance floor so that Leo and Evelyn can have their first dance.

Their song was called you are the reason by Callum Scott and Leona Lewis. It was a cute dance.

After a while of hanging out with my very one at her party, Evelyn comes back over to Garrett and me.

"Hey guys," She smiles and sits down next to us. "Having fun?" Garrett asks and she smiles and nods.

You can tell she is. She hasn't sat down in a long time before now. It's her reception, so she has to see everyone so it makes sense.

"Yup. Did you guys eat?" She questions. "Not yet. We probably will soon." Garrett says.

A few minutes later, she leaves.

I let out a small yawn as I walk across the sand. Evelyn told me I should go walk out onto the dock to see the water from there, so that's what I'm doing.

Garrett is waiting for me there. I changed after the wedding and reception was over into a baby blue dress. We were still hanging out with his family, so I still wanted to look nice, but I didn't want to still wear that other dress.

I step up onto the dock and smile as I see Garrett standing at the end of it, facing the water.

Despite the only light being the moon, it's so beautiful out here.

"Hey love," He says, still not turning around. Imagine if it wasn't me here. That would be awkward. I walk up behind him and place a kiss on his cheek once I'm close enough.

He finally turns around and wraps his arms around me. "What's up?" I ask him grinning when he pushes his lips to mine.

"There's no easy way to say this. I planned this, but you know me. I don't remember. All I know is that I fucking love you." He slowly says, blurting out the actual I love you part.

I don't even reply, just press my lips to his.

"I love you too," I murmur. I do.

"You don't have to, but I want you to wear this promise ring." He says and once I nod with a giant smile on my face I slide it onto my finger.

"It's a promise that one day I will marry you and make you mine."

THE END