chapter eleven | winning

GARRETT HALE

We won the game 3-2. Austin and I are currently heading up to the girls. We got ready after and already answered the questions we had to.

"Hey, man," I greet a friend of mine. "Good game. I didn't think you were going to win," He laughs.

Thomas plays football, not hockey but is still a good friend. We walk into the room where the girls are, along with Thomas and Kayla looks like she is about to burst with excitement.

I can tell that Leona knows who he is, but it doesn't look like she cares.

To be fair, she has probably met a ton of Olympians and at least half of the men in our hockey league.

"I love you," Kayla deadpans looking at Thomas. I'm guessing that she has never met him before based on how she is acting, which surprises me because he's also friends with Austin.

"Aren't you married?" He questions her. She just chuckles and waves an arm around. "What does that have to do with anything? Actually, I don't love you, I love your ability to play football. It's beautiful," She says and Thomas looks between her and Austin a few times.

"Thanks," He replies. His eyes settle on Leona and look at her for a minute. Now look away. "I know you," He says to her.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I very highly doubt that he has watched the figure skating Olympics.

Surprisingly, I'm not saying this because I don't want to have a reason to talk to Leona. He doesn't seem like someone who wants to watch other people play sports.

"You do?" She slowly asks like it is surprising her. "I don't know from where. Where did you go to high school?" He questions her.

Leona didn't go to high school. "I didn't go to high school," She replies and I smirk. I know everything.

He looks at her for a second before shaking his head. "Probably someone else," He says and walks towards the door. "I should be heading out. Just figured I would see you assholes before I left," He tells us.

"Why are you in Ontario anyway?" Austin questions him. "I was planning on going to this game in New York, but then it got moved here and I decided to just come anyway," He shrugs.

He leaves after a few minutes, and I think Kayla just got out of shock.

"Ready to go?" I ask Leona and she nods with a smile, her eyes flickering down to my lips.

"Do you want to go eat something?" I question her and she shrugs. "I'm not hungry," She says and rubs the back of her leg.

I think something is wrong with it because I've been seeing her do that a lot recently.

I'll question her about that in a little while when we are alone. We walk outside of the arena after a few minutes. There are a ton of cars here.

Once we get back to the hotel room, Leona almost immediately lays down.

She gets back up a few minutes later and gets ready to go into the bathroom but I stop her. I pull her down onto the couch next to me. "What's wrong with your leg?" I remember I wanted to ask her.

"I pulled my hamstring, so it's being annoying." She grumbles and crosses her arms over her chest. "Here, lay down," I gently move her towards the bed. I move her so she is laying down on her stomach and her thighs are going across my lap.

I start to rub the back of her leg using both hands, hard enough that it will help, but not too roughly.

"Ow," She grunts when I first start. "I'll stop if you want me to, but it usually hurts at first then starts to feel better," I tell her.