Ch. 1 ➖ Hello

🩸

🩸

Blood.

Is this my blood?

I clutched my head, eyes shot closed, as the ringing in my ears started to be a high pitched continuous tone.

Please help me!

I felt weaker and weaker by the second that this continued. I tried to run but I can't move from this spot, like my feet have been eaten by the earth beneath me.

Help!

I tried to scream, but no sound came out.

"Defaeco! Purifico! Expurgo!" Multiple voices chanted.

Fighting through the pain that pulses in my head, I tried to open my eyes to assess my surroundings. I'm in the middle of a forest under a red moon. The smell of rotten flesh fills the air.

What the hell is going on?

"Defaeco! Purifico! Expurgo!" They repeated.

Argh! The ringing started once again.

Looking down on the floor, I realized that I'm in the middle of an eight pointed star, outlined by what looks like white powder. In each point of the star are kneeling black hooded figure with arms raised on each side.

"Defaeco! Purifico! Expurgo!"

Please stop! Please, someone help me, please!

"Defaeco! Purifico! Expurgo!"

Fire lit up replacing the white like powder on the ground. The light from the fire illuminated my surroundings, and I just wished for this moment that it didn't because whatever it uncovered sent chills down my bones. Lying right beside me are multiple lifeless bodies, including the blank and bloodied faces of my friends.

No. No! Please stop! This is not real! Please wake up!!

The raven haired girl's eyes flew open as she was gasping for air. A relief flooded her body as she realized that the earlier occurrence were all but a dream, a terrifyingly vivid dream.

Sweat covered her body and the loose white t-shirt she was wearing is already drenched sticking to her body, making it a bit see through.

She reached out for the clock that was on the nightstand beside her bed. Another sigh was released from her lips as she still have 15 minutes before her alarm would have rang off.

She contemplated for a moment if she should get up and prepare early or should she sleep once again until her alarm would go off.

But then, the thought of the awful dream she had made her doubt that she would be able to sleep again. So, she decided to go straight to the bathroom and do her morning routine.