when joshua came home, hoshi welcomed him at the door.

"hi joshi! oh-" soonyoung noticed tears falling down from shua's eye. "why are you crying hyung? did something happen?"

joshua put the bag with cupcakes and cups with hot chocolate on the in the kitchen and quickly ran to his bedroom. he layed on the bed and decided to play some music. "purple rose" was the first one to play.

„im stuck in the moonlight, from when i first bloomed amidst the darkness, i bloom so no one can see, a flower blooms when no one expects it"

he's not even singing about the disease but somehow the lyrics feel so relatable..

after some time hoshi knocked at the door.

"jisoo hyung, i made you some tea!"

he slowly opened the door and looked at joshua. shua was laying down on his bed, he also noticed there are some cherry blossoms laying next to him.

"hyung, please tell me what happened and before that.. what did the doctor say?"

"screw it soonyoung, it's nothing, really" joshua said with a fake smile on his face pretending that hoshi didn't see him crying a while ago.

"you have hanahaki, don't you?"

jisoo widened his eyes.

"b-but how did you know?

"well, i did some research after i saw those petals in your bathroom. so as i already know what's happening to you, could you please tell me what happened and what made you cry like that?"

joshua started crying again. he wanted to let it all out. it felt so weird, he has to accept the fact that he's in love with his best friend. he has never thought of jeonghan that way, of course, he loves him but he thought that getting butterflies in your stomach while seeing your best friend is totally normal. he told hoshi everything.

"so you're telling me jeonghan is the reason of your hanahaki and you crying right now?" jisoo slightly nodded. "i swear i'm going to punch him in the face tomorrow at school."

"don't!"

"how am i not supposed to, tell me hyung. you're my best friend for a long time and i have never seen you in a state like that. i understand, i can't blame him for falling in love with someone else but i just can't stand the fact that you're hurt."

joshua was still laying down and all he did was staring at the ceiling. he didn't know how to respond either he couldn't. the pain in his lungs, his throat was unacceptable. another tear left his eye.

"by the way, as we didn't go to school today we have to keep up with the material so we cannot stay at home another day, okie?"

"sure.."

"you need some rest shua" soonyoung squeezed jisoo's hand, covered him with another blanket, turned off the music and walked out of shua's bedroom "sleep well hyung~"